Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
#bungtasteslikeshit
We can still buy cheap meat in SF, but I don’t. This is my local Vietnamese market with $3.99 a pound pork belly.
00F7D9D1-A034-487F-8C95-D81428CEBCFC.jpeg

I prefer to buy the bougie stuff from our Japanese market for $11.49 a pound. We eat small quantities so cost isn’t the biggest factor. Funny that this pork is from Canada…
C5DEBE32-5AB4-4027-9D52-EBA9EE19342B.jpeg

Had some last night fried crisp with Shimeji mushrooms
69E15F40-A8F0-4775-A31B-5F87A4664F6A.jpeg

and served with broccolini and mash…
9CE6CC1D-484B-49A0-80AF-B249EFA5758F.jpeg

Last edited:
OK...as I see the "teaser" campaign works (and provoked posts about the varieties of meats we can cook), let me show you another teaser.
I am sure you would guess the upper bag content...Yeah...ox tail. But the second, yellowish stuff? Hm?
It is goose testicles.
:laughingchef:

Attachments

• IMG_20220121_142129.jpg
    IMG_20220121_142129.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
OK...as I see the "teaser" campaign works (and provoked posts about the varieties of meats we can cook), let me show you another teaser.
I am sure you would guess the upper bag content...Yeah...ox tail. But the second, yellowish stuff? Hm?
It is goose testicles.
Had horse before, and even pony. At least both don't fall under industrial livestock farming...
Although i've tried many things and always taught my daughter to taste everything before condemning it, i certainly would not try the balls of a goose... :D

I know I've posted this before, but it's so yummy that I'll happily post it again..
Kuru Fasulye - Turkish white bean stew with lamb.
IMG_3539.jpg

Ps. The Morrocan bread proved to be an excellent vehicle for the stew!

It is goose testicles.
pig brain?

It is goose testicles.
They look like turkey testicles.

Chicken breast Cordon Bleu, using some stinky Belgian Abbey cheese and Schwarzwälder Schinken encrusted in bread crumbs and ground almond, red cabbage salad with caraway and yellow mustard seeds and a honey lemon vinegar/oil dressing, braised Chicory with a Teriyaki style glaze.

20220121_203328.jpg
20220121_190713.jpg

Back