Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was gifted this Pars rice cooker and a ton of Persian rice by a very generous Iranian couple. The cooker is designed to make tahdig, which I made for the first time, and it was wonderful, crunchy and flavorful, and close to foolproof with the cooker.

IMG_3446.jpg

IMG_3445.jpg

The Yoshikane volunteering for duty. I put my own edge on it and have been using it a lot to see how it fared. When all was done, I did find a tiny roll that stropped out but makes me want to take it to the stones again just to see what happens. That little roll is the first I've seen in a fair bit of routine, not babied, use so it's not alarming. The knife cuts stupidly well so I'm very interested in learning how best to utilize it.

53rEkwy.jpg

Headed for the oven...
PuOGpiU.jpg

Out of the oven. I love cooking like this as the chicken fat imparts flavor to the veggies. A phone call prevented a plating shot but it wasn't much fancier than this! 😁
iAs2Z1Z.jpg

Last edited:
@Greenbriel this is the renowned breakfast classic Hen and Roots ala Crimson Collo. :p

dlSb7zv.jpg

Leftover roasted veggies warmed up in bacon grease with a wonderfully runny fried egg on top. Okay, so not the most conventional breakfast, but it sure was good!
That looks delicious! I am so making some variation on this for breakfast at the weekend! Thanks @HumbleHomeCook ! I think I might just start throwing an egg on everything from now on.

That looks delicious! I am so making some variation on this for breakfast at the weekend! Thanks @HumbleHomeCook ! I think I might just start throwing an egg on everything from now on.

I wonder if my naming of the dish was too much of a pun stretch...? I crack myself up but a lot of times I'm the only one laughing! 😁

Seriously, you could throw a fried egg on volleyball and I'd gnaw on it!

I wonder if my naming of the dish was too much of a pun stretch...? I crack myself up but a lot of times I'm the only one laughing! 😁

Seriously, you could throw a fried egg on volleyball and I'd gnaw on it!
I googled it and found nothing. It made me a little disappointed 🤷‍♂️

Back