Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jalapeno cornbread, fresh out of the oven
20220520_093133.jpg

Was having a get together with some old friends, roasted 4 pork knuckles. Put the meat and crackling in buns with pickles, dijon mustard, and pickled cabbage. Also roasted some potatoes under the knuckles in the drippings.

20220514_191122.jpg
20220514_191126.jpg
20220514_191134.jpg

First time making pheasant… didn’t want to risk drying it out, so I opted for sous vide. Did a basic stuffing with onion, mushroom, apple, and sage. Sous vide at 145 for 4 hours, smoked for 2 to dry out the skin, then finished it with a torch. Was a success, and turned out moist!

6E28776D-46A2-4666-A779-26ABEB72A0B8.jpeg
7D73487F-F53D-40D9-A89B-66B1403B3B36.jpeg

Potato Salad:

fJ6qdCU.jpg

Well, that's what my little granddaughter declared when she served up this plate for her aunt. 😁 It's a pretty cool kit that has a plastic santoku and all the parts are velcro'd together so she can pretend to cut and a bunch of pans for pretend cooking. :)

But, per usual, she insisted on cooking (real) eggs so today we went for...

fboEbWy.jpg

QPDAVEI.jpg

1YgzM1P.jpg

Muffin tin frittatas. :)

Last edited:
Pulled out the wok and made a big pan of shrimp Pad Thai. The wok seasoning is coming along, but I definitely don't use it enough... gotta try out some new stir fry dishes.

View attachment 180771View attachment 180772

I just spoke with my father in law about that wok. I have a small grill and said that I need to buy a wok like yours. My father in law saw the pics and said I have such a wok at home - what a match!!! Thanks for the idea!

Damn, looks awesome, I’m jealous! I want this setup so badly
I do 95% of my cooking outdoors and love it. Luckily with the southeast Florida weather I can do it year round, although with a 200,000 BTU burner, 69000 BTU grill and a 5000 watt induction I've got enough heat to cook in a blizzard!

IMG_7665.jpg

I do 95% of my cooking outdoors and love it. Luckily with the southeast Florida weather I can do it year round, although with a 200,000 BTU burner, 69000 BTU grill and a 5000 watt induction I've got enough heat to cook in a blizzard!

View attachment 180811
Nice! I'm in Florida also, albeit the other coast, but idk if I could ever fully commit to something like that... the flies are the worst!!

Nice! I'm in Florida also, albeit the other coast, but idk if I could ever fully commit to something like that... the flies are the worst!!
You'd have to have something screened in. Not too bad with flies here, but we have a ton of mosquitos. I have one of these electronic zappers... works great on flies too!

81kneuSCNZL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

You'd have to have something screened in. Not too bad with flies here, but we have a ton of mosquitos. I have one of these electronic zappers... works great on flies too!

View attachment 180835
Here we have serious fly seasons, where leaving a door open for 30 minutes means killing 45 flies. I don't know what I would do without my Bug-A-Salt with laser sight.

Never did get the skill of hitting flies out of the air with an electrified tennis racket.

Back