Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bucatini carbonara with my last little chunk of guanciale served with roast fennel and salad…
043D7009-13F5-4B66-A72E-FC2A000A7529.jpeg
04C66879-09B4-43B4-884A-A7553095A4B7.jpeg

A089FEF4-90B6-4FDC-9E4B-13D1737AF932.jpeg
69A1A852-CAAD-4971-BA01-347F5C643300.jpeg
AFD82C21-8077-4E58-92DC-CC2F9701A9CA.jpeg
F1D9F565-1849-4157-AF83-66F83661077C.jpeg
02DC124F-5FBC-4941-849F-788A725D0D06.jpeg

If you ever find yourself with some extra ragu then take a word from Marcella Hazan and make Baked Rigatoni With Bolognese Meat Sauce!
Cook some rigatoni until it's almost al dente, then toss with ragu, béchamel and parmigiano reggiano. Pour it into a buttered dish and top with butter and more cheese. Bake in a hot oven until the top is lightly browned and everything is nice and hot! Very, very yummy..!
IMG_8583.JPG

If you ever find yourself with some extra ragu then take a word from Marcella Hazan and make Baked Rigatoni With Bolognese Meat Sauce!
Cook some rigatoni until it's almost al dente, then toss with ragu, béchamel and parmigiano reggiano. Pour it into a buttered dish and top with butter and more cheese. Bake in a hot oven until the top is lightly browned and everything is nice and hot! Very, very yummy..!
View attachment 186561
+1 I ALWAYS do that when I have Bolognese…

Reminds me of a funny saying I read recently, which goes like this:
Everybody always has a talent and burns for something. I bake things with cheese and hate people“. 😂

Last edited:
The low Staub 28 cm. I got it in the same color at an Amazon prime deal in one of the recent years.

The low Staub 28 cm. I got it in the same color at an Amazon prime deal in one of the recent years.
Ah ok 😂 No, i bought it from a german online store called Wayfair. I paid 69€. That was a really good price. I bought all my Staubs really cheap. I always hunt for cheap prices if I buy something that i really want to have.

But by knifes it is not working out🤣

Damn that's really shockingly cheap...I got it for 120 and that was already the lowest price I had ever seen.
It's a great pan!

20 chicken thighs... first fried to get some fat out for 15 min per side.. then added a lot of onions, garlic, soy sauce, thyme, rosemary, and vegetta and slowly stewed in its own fat for 2.5hrs.. then shredded ..
:smile:
ohhh and onions are amazing after 2.5hrs in chicken schmaltz

going to mix it with roasted short ribs, then add carolina style vinegar based bbq sauce (no mustard)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpeg

Looks good also like Carolina style BBQ sauces.

Bone in chicken thighs chop with CCK Kau Kong Chopper so get some bone marrow in stews.

Poulet et Bombine Ardéchoise // Chicken and veggies Ardéche style - with my favorite french free range chicken.
I'm very happy to be able to buy chicken of this quality at my local supermarket. It's not that long ago when all you could get was run-of-the-mill poultry, so this feels like a treat every time!
IMG_8597.JPG

Last edited:
Spanish inspired lunch...

rryYJwp.jpg

Spanish olives marinated in olive oil, lemon and jalapeno. Black olives and red onion marinated in olive oil, garlic, Hungarian paprika and cumin seeds. Shrimp in olive oil with cumin, coriander, paprika, garlic and basil. Manchego cheese and toasted bread.

Doesn't Foster's translate into American English as "Tastes like piss water."?
Pretty close, yes 😉

About fifteen years ago, when I was in Munich, I saw a bunch of young Germans at a trendy pub. They were drinking Fosters. It shows that there is no limit to idiotic fashion trends.

Fosters. In Munich. Death is too good for them…

Latest posts

Back