Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lars ho

Lars how's a guy from Denmark making all these Mexican tacos. Something about simple goodness of a soft or crisp taco with just about anything you want to put in it. Love Mexican food.
A couple of local guys opened an “authentic” taqueria where I live and I was so disappointed that I went home and ordered a tortilla press and some masa harina after my first and only visit. Then @HumbleHomeCook said to check out Rick Bayless and through his books I fell in love with the food of Mexico.

A couple of local guys opened an “authentic” taqueria where I live and I was so disappointed that I went home and ordered a tortilla press and some masa harina after my first and only visit. Then @HumbleHomeCook said to check out Rick Bayless and through his books I fell in love with the food of Mexico.
2 words: Posole and Birria.

along the same lineage..this was todays Breakfast.

Jueves Rancheros. i scored some Hatch NM chili pods locally.

Attachments

• eggs copy.jpg
    eggs copy.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 0
Although unrelated, this was super yummy.

Label Rouge chicken breast, dry brined overnight. With a simple pan sauce(cook chicken, add shallot, reduce white wine, reduce chicken stock, mount with butter, season) and summer veggies with a creamy dressing.

IMG_9020.JPG

Chanterelle ravioli with peas and beans and herb foam, with an onsen egg and pork fillet wrapped in bacon filled with a chanterelle cream. Both fillings were made with a different chanterelle cream. It was extraordinarily good! This Xerxes magnacut is amazing!!!
IMG_2932.jpg
IMG_2934.jpg
IMG_2940.jpg
IMG_2943.jpg
IMG_2949.jpg
IMG_2952.jpg
IMG_2969.jpg
IMG_2963.jpg
IMG_2968.jpg

The wife said she wanted to try Dragon Fruit. The only thing I knew about it was that it has little to no actual flavor. But, she likes peaches and I had a couple so I got to ponderin'...

GKh8ix6l.jpg

Munetoshi

Breakfast.

Applewood smoked ham. Peach compote with mint and cinnamon over ripe Dragon Fruit. Scrambled eggs topped with grated aged Irish cheddar. Pan seared toast.

JPBtvSdl.jpg

She was pleased!

One thing I really appreciate about this thread is how it got me out of my cooking rut. I got a lot of inspiration here, and the impetus to try different things.

And we reap the benefits as you clearly inspire a lot of us too!

It really is a cool thread with such a range of things that there's something for everyone to like.

Last night’s dinner…linguine alle vongole…
View attachment 194582View attachment 194583
That is some perfectly done linguine. Comfort food at its finest for me. It’s really a home friendly easy to put together dish. Lots of variations you can make as well. Lol, years ago 80’s -90’s? There was a place on Broadway in SF…. Little Joes I think? I used to go there all the time for this and would also make it at home like once a week. Hmmmm shoulda put this in the comfort food thread.

I didn't feel like cooking today. Then quickly made a lemon chicken with basil under the skin. Filled with lemon, garlic, rosemary and thyme, plus potatoes, onions, chorizo, bacon, lemon, rosemary, fennel seeds and thyme.
IMG_3012.jpg
IMG_3019.jpg
IMG_3027.jpg
IMG_3029.jpg
IMG_3036.jpg
IMG_3040.jpg
Was really good and tasty!

Last edited:
Back