Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20221003_140231893.jpg

I have a niece in the hospital and she asked my wife if I could make a desert for her. I found a simple recipe for wontons stuffed with Hershey's Kisses that I thought she would like. I made a few that I dusted with powdered sugar and asked my wife to try one. She said it was good, but a caramel drizzle might improve it. I tried adding the drizzle after the PS, but the caramel slid off, so I tried a few more with the drizzle applied first. Not as eye catching, but it worked much better.

20221003_210653[1].jpg

What do you put in your chicken salad? It looks good.

It seems it's never quite the same thing twice. This is thigh meat that I poached for stock. I had a shallot so some of that went in with a finely diced clove of garlic. Mayo, stone ground mustard, a splash each of Worchester sauce and apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper. I think that was it.

Added cherry tomatoes and diced cucumber.

I topped mine with melted Swiss and hers got an aged cheddar.

I have a niece in the hospital and she asked my wife if I could make a desert for her. I found a simple recipe for wontons stuffed with Hershey's Kisses that I thought she would like. I made a few that I dusted with powdered sugar and asked my wife to try one. She said it was good, but a caramel drizzle might improve it. I tried adding the drizzle after the PS, but the caramel slid off, so I tried a few more with the drizzle applied first. Not as eye catching, but it worked much better.

View attachment 201618

Very nice Ron. All our best to your niece!

It seems it's never quite the same thing twice. This is thigh meat that I poached for stock. I had a shallot so some of that went in with a finely diced clove of garlic. Mayo, stone ground mustard, a splash each of Worchester sauce and apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper. I think that was it.

Added cherry tomatoes and diced cucumber.

I topped mine with melted Swiss and hers got an aged cheddar.
Yes, chicken salad seems to vary a lot, so I always ask.

I try to use chicken breast but not always, and then I add mayo, diced celery, diced purple onion, diced Texas pecans, diced apple, salt and pepper and last is I add tarragon. I mainly eat it on crackers, Triscuits.

I need to try yours sometime, shallots are hard to find for me. Your bread looked good.

So, I made Marinara sauce using one of Marcella Hazan recipes. I used 7 pounds of garden tomatoes, trying to clean out the freezer, I still have another 7 or 8 pounds left in the freezer for winter. I need freezer room. I ran short on celery and carrots, but I went with it. It turned out nice. I left some sauce in the pan and boiled spaghetti. I added Marjoram and meat balls to what was left in the pan for dinner. It was nice. I forgot to take a picture of the finished product as I was drinking wine by then. But I had a fun time in the kitchen yesterday.

I pureed the sauce in a blender. Once you heat frozen tomatoes the skins come right off so I skinned the tomatoes. The pot picture is after I skinned them. I used a 10-quart made-in pan. And those are gallon jars in the back of the jar picture.

IMG_0990.jpg

IMG_0991.jpg

IMG_0992.jpg

Last edited:
Back