Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was in Munich for a food show had entered some pieces. 1980 eating chicken roasting on revolving spit. Drinking beer with Australian guy I met. Ladies carry all those beer mugs by handles each hand.

Ling cod and wild rice-stuffed delicata.
20221122_190631.jpg

Made paella. it will last us through the weekend

I prepped last night. cooked off sausages, chicken thighs and caramelized onions. I also used 2.5qt of chicken stock (deglazed the plan where I cooked chicken and sausages and then filtered through sieve and paper towels. stock came out as dark brown

below is caramelized onions and sweet smoked paprikam from fridge

2022-11-23 13.01.48.jpg

below is after added 2 crushed cans of san margazo tomatoes, 1 head of garlic (i cooked garlic off first) and bit of water.. simmered that for about 15 min and then added rice 1KG

2022-11-23 13.49.24.jpg

below: put my saffron in, laid chicken and sausages ( first mixed riced in with tomatoes/etc) and put in about 2.5qts of chicken stock

2022-11-23 13.53.39.jpg

below: after about 20-25 min (18" pan) i added musles and shrimp and cooked 3 min per side, then added peas and shutoff heat and covered 90% of the way and let it sit for 15 min

2022-11-23 14.39.33.jpg

below: rice burned slightly, since hard to manage heat on 18" and stove... when I do it on a grill, it comes out perfectly every time. i use lemon at the table. but generally, salt is hard to get right. you really have to season stock, every part very well. rice takes a lot of salt!

1.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving to those that celebrate it today. To everyone, I'm thankful for this community.

This mess of cranberries, the juice of a few oranges, orange zest, cinnamon sticks, sugar, water, and two orange half carcasses studded with cloves will soon be a tasty cranberry sauce.
20221124_103446.jpg

Nay's Meal...

A3oSrI2l.jpg

My big sis was a fighter forged in the furnace that was our life. Always our protector. True to form, she never told any of us that she was having issues. She only cried when she was told, I was there. From then on, it was all about the fight.

She pulled out all the stops and something she read convinced her that lowering meat intake would help chemo. But my sis loved to eat! On a whim I came up with this portobello sandwich with a couple slices of bacon (she could take them off if she wanted, but she didn't), fried basil, shredded cheese, a slightly spicy mayo spread on rye bread served with jo-jo's. She loved it and I made it many times.

I haven't made it in years but for whatever reason decided to tonight.

The greatest scholars in history have yet to invent the words that adequately describe how much I miss my big sister.

People say food is emotional. I agree.

Back