Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Belated from Thanksgiving … 6.5 lbs of potato’s worth:

A162BD0B-56E4-414A-B4ED-18570E22C581.jpeg

Sacrilege around here but I’ll admit I used a fry cutter 🙊, which I found in my folks’ pantry unopened with a receipt from 2002 attached.

Smørrebrød aka Danish open faced sandwiches. From left to right if the correct order of eating; Pickled herring with curry dressing. Potato with mayo, capers, crispy fried onion and chives. Leverpostej(pork liver pate) with pickled beet.
IMG_0099.JPG

Of course served with beer and akvavit..!
IMG_0095.JPG

Smørrebrød aka Danish open faced sandwiches. From left to right if the correct order of eating; Pickled herring with curry dressing. Potato with mayo, capers, crispy fried onion and chives. Leverpostej(pork liver pate) with pickled beet.
View attachment 211548

Of course served with beer and akvavit..!
View attachment 211547
Pretty plate, but if that was for dinner, I’d struggle with the herring and liver.

My wife is Swedish and she loves pickled herring. She hasn’t converted me yet, but it’s only been 50 years since we met, so there’s still time.

Pretty plate, but if that was for dinner, I’d struggle with the herring and liver.

My wife is Swedish and she loves pickled herring. She hasn’t converted me yet, but it’s only been 50 years since we met, so there’s still time.

You'll get there in time :D

The liver paté is a spread – umami, iron, sweetness … You'd like it.

Perfect snack @Lars ! (apart from the curry dressing…)

I get the pickled herring. But you could use your discomfort as an excuse to chase it with more akvavit. Many people do! We do another version where the fish is pan fried first, then pickled. It's one of my favourites.
Leverpostej is not that liver-ish and something even young kids enjoy. It is often served with fried mushrooms and crispy bacon. It could surprise you, I think.

Reactions: Kgp
Vegans, please look away! Here is a 350g pork chop, seared in a pan, then butter basted over low heat until it came up to 55C. Rested for 10 minutes and served with tomato sauce and a couscous salad. There is plenty of meat leftovers for another meal..!
IMG_0142.JPG

IMG_0152.JPG

The littles were too busy for us today. I saw this coming so I dug thru the freezer the other day and found some single portions of beef tenderloin hiding in the depths. I'm glad I did too, I thought they were there but hadn't realized how long, they were on the brink. Anyway, we had a stay-at-home date night, beef in red wine demi glace, smashed yukons, and roasted Brussels with reggiano.
20221204_200221.jpg

Back