Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soup of the day: cabbage turnip. Had some buttered bread with the soup. Some would even call it breaded butter. 😈

44819579gp.jpeg

I used 2 knives in parallel, both made by Dan Bidinger:
Daily Knife Pics. Any Knife. Join In!

Last edited:
Vegans, please look away! Here is a 350g pork chop, seared in a pan, then butter basted over low heat until it came up to 55C. Rested for 10 minutes and served with tomato sauce and a couscous salad. There is plenty of meat leftovers for another meal..!
View attachment 212073
View attachment 212074
Now THAT’S a pretty plate that I’d eat!

this is currently in the process. as kids we called it "herbal chicken soup"

it is a big bowl of *** now. my mom would package me herb mixes to use for pork or chicken and i would use those. now? she is older and couldnt/wouldnt help..so i resort to store bought packages. i cant read chinese. my aunt helped me once. i think i could reverse engineer it, and use smell, and visuals to recreate, but that makes my head hurt just thinking about it. store bought packs it is!!

the bird. my friend used to give me one that quit laying. now? i just buy a silkie chicken. despite the look, it taste like a regular chicken. i vaguely recall my mom saying the black color is considered some thing special to chinese folk. whatever. this bird is at least organic and not engineered in some farm lab.

the spices and the bird.

***.jpg
silk.jpg

this is currently in the process. as kids we called it "herbal chicken soup"

it is a big bowl of *** now. my mom would package me herb mixes to use for pork or chicken and i would use those. now? she is older and couldnt/wouldnt help..so i resort to store bought packages. i cant read chinese. my aunt helped me once. i think i could reverse engineer it, and use smell, and visuals to recreate, but that makes my head hurt just thinking about it. store bought packs it is!!

the bird. my friend used to give me one that quit laying. now? i just buy a silkie chicken. despite the look, it taste like a regular chicken. i vaguely recall my mom saying the black color is considered some thing special to chinese folk. whatever. this bird is at least organic and not engineered in some farm lab.

the spices and the bird.

View attachment 213063View attachment 213062

That black skin makes me wonder if it is this type of chicken.

1670613717626.png

That is just wild. That the fluffy pure white chick could look that dark when turned into meat.

Limoncello in the making. Will be sitting like this for a month before I'll add sugar and dilute it to about 25% alcohol content.
View attachment 213200
There quite some lemon peel left on the fruit…

I have made my own Limoncello once from huge Amalfi lemons. Served it to Italian coworkers and they said it was one of the best they ever had…

just take care you do not use denaturated alcohol or technical alcohol. I make limoncello (or Orangello) occasionally but the high octane alcohol is quite expensive in NL and Be due to alcohol tax.

just take care you do not use denaturated alcohol or technical alcohol. I make limoncello (or Orangello) occasionally but the high octane alcohol is quite expensive in NL and Be due to alcohol tax.
Please let me know if you ever find an affordable source; I've ran into the same problem - and the price seems to be far higher than due to tax alone.
So far all my homemade limoncello ambitions went out the window when I realized that for the cost of the pure alcohol I could just go out and buy bottles of Pallini...

Back