Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couldn't be arsed to take pictures, but given how popular carbonara is in this thread: give amatriciana a go.
It's just as easy and fast, but a lot lighter, and a good shortcut to get something fast that doesn't take an ethernity to simmer down to a proper stew like bolognese.
Made it a few times by now and it never dissapoints. Yesterday I added some hot smoked paprika for some heat and it went really well with it.
Since you are too lazy, here is a picture one I made. Low effort, but still really yummy.
IMG_9431.JPG

looks amazing, ok if i ask for recipe?
Sure.
Thr recipie is for 4-6 persons. I say taht because it says 6, but we always run a bit short if we assume it is correct.
You need for the fish:
10g butter
1kg Fish. We had cusk, but turbot is also ok. Cut in pieces of 150-200g
1 soupspoon cornstarch
6 small waxy potatoes
2 spoons sunflower oil
salt

For the Beurre blanc
1 shallot
40g cold butter
200ml dry whitewine
100ml vermouth
400ml fishstock
salt
1 soupspoon of whitewinevinegar

Trufflespinach
1 shallot
1 clove of garlic
30g black truffles
400g spinach (babyleaf is not recommended)
1 spoon butter
salt, pepper
nutmeg

Melt the butter in a small pan. Dab the fish and dredge it with the stach.
Peel the potatoes and cut into thin slices. Put the slices on the fish, overlapping, like on the picture and brush with the butter. Then cover it and put into the fridge.
For the beurre blanc, dice a shallot and steam with a spoon of butter. Deglaze it with Wine and Vermouth and cook on medium heat for 7 mins. Pour in the stock and reduce for further 15 mins to 150ml.
For the spinach, dice garlic and shallot. Slice the truffe using a truffle slicer or something similar.
Clean and wash the spinach.
Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit into a frying pan. Pour a bit of sunflower oil in the pan, lay the paper on it and pour some more oil on it (this prevents the potatoes to stick to the pan. If it does, take out the whole paper and remove it carefully).
Take the fish out of the fridge and put it upside down into the heated pan. Fry under medium heat. The recipie says for 4mins, but we found it being too short, as the covered parts of the potatoes weren't done. So i recommend using a bit less heat and fry a bit longer, like 6-7minutes.
Take the fish out and put on a tray covered with parchment paper, and bake it at 150 degree celsius for 8 Minutes.
Afterwards keep warm.
For the spinach melt some butter in a pan, steam garlic and shallot. Then add spinach and truffles and cook for a few minutes to match your taste.. Season it with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
Pass the beurre blanc reduction through a sieve into another pan. season with salt and vinegar.
Add the rest of the cold butter (3 spoons) step by step and whisk constantly to become a bit creamy. It should not come to boil again.
Plating is up to you, but i made a bed of spinach, topped with the fish and added the beurre blanc around.

A small hint. Depending on the fish, the times to prepare may vary. We had a bit thicker pieces, what led to longer times to cook, as mentioned before. If you use thinner fish fillets, reduce times accordingly and monitor when cooking.

Have fun

I often read about label rouge, but kept asking myself what it means? Is it kind of free range meat?
Looks very good, like all of your preparations.
It's slow grown free range chickens from France. They live almost 3 times longer than regular birds, so have time to develop in both texture and flavor. Really, really yummy chickens.

Beans and Corn salad. Weapon of choice not shown in pictures: Takamura Chromax 210 mm Gyuto.🔪

Attachments

• 18802C1B-382A-4081-A23C-C37981F18E6B.jpeg
    18802C1B-382A-4081-A23C-C37981F18E6B.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 064F65AB-F4A0-4977-B801-FD1038D2B32C.jpeg
    064F65AB-F4A0-4977-B801-FD1038D2B32C.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 17C8A27F-D19F-4558-A798-BCA668726E7D.jpeg
    17C8A27F-D19F-4558-A798-BCA668726E7D.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
It's slow grown free range chickens from France. They live almost 3 times longer than regular birds, so have time to develop in both texture and flavor. Really, really yummy chickens.
Actually it's not just chickens. There's also label rouge guineafowl, ducks, and some other stuff. The duck was significantly darker and more tasty than the 'standard' ducks.
The nice thing about label rouge is also that there's enough volume in it that it's not ridiculously expensive. Sadly prices have gone up a bit in the last couple of years due to bird flu, but they're still fairly affordable compared to similar alternatives.

Actually it's not just chickens. There's also label rouge guineafowl, ducks, and some other stuff. The duck was significantly darker and more tasty than the 'standard' ducks.
The nice thing about label rouge is also that there's enough volume in it that it's not ridiculously expensive. Sadly prices have gone up a bit in the last couple of years due to bird flu, but they're still fairly affordable compared to similar alternatives.
I was just talking about the chicken that I cooked, but you are right there is large range of Label Rouge products like salamis and such.

First crack at sous viding eggs. I let my better half take them out of the bath, and I think too much time passed so they lost a bit of white. Served over crispy rice patty, with fried shallots and a generic soy/rice wine vinegar/sesame oil reduction.

Attachments

• 70183525137__B654712E-8D47-4D12-B4FA-5AF3A407B30D.jpeg
    70183525137__B654712E-8D47-4D12-B4FA-5AF3A407B30D.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Back