Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those ribs look outstanding. Any details on the prep?
Thanks...
It's pretty simple but you need to get some dark soy sauce and a butcher who will cut you some 1.5" spare ribs.
I don't measure but it's a 24 hour marinade of:
  1. dark soy sauce
  2. soy sauce
  3. mirin
  4. sake
  5. ginger
  6. garlic
  7. 5 spice powder
I just "roast" these in the Breville toaster oven at 325 for 35 minutes or until pulling away from bone; then 420 for 8-10 minutes or until the color you like.
You can do the same prep with wings...tasty.

Last edited:
Thanks...
It's pretty simple but you need to get some dark soy sauce and a butcher who will cut you some 1.5r" spare ribs.
I don't measure but it's a 24 hour marinade of:
  1. dark soy sauce
  2. soy sauce
  3. mirin
  4. sake
  5. ginger
  6. garlic
  7. 5 spice powder
I just "roast" these in the Breville toaster oven at 325 for 35 minutes or until pulling away from bone; then 420 for 8-10 minutes or until the color you like.
You can do the same prep with wings...tasty.

Thanks!

Lasagne
IMG_8968.jpeg

Not cooking them until tomorrow, but my first little harvest of bok choy. View attachment 245248
On another subject, I could gain weight just looking at the beautiful stuff being shown in this forum. Good to see, thanks.
Gotta eat a lot of bok choi to gain weight! My mom's tried growing bok choi—it kept on getting devoured by slugs and African snails.

IME the 1 (or 2-3 ) hour doughs do not work unless when using plain flour, when using stuff like Caputo Cuoco 8 hours is the minimum for me to get decent results.

it's like high end audio, everything matters....I think that by now I can add some misstakes to the videos Vito is making ;-)

For Neapolitan style pizza less is more, and I finally convinced some family members of that concept :)

IME the 1 (or 2-3 ) hour doughs do not work unless when using plain flour, when using stuff like Caputo Cuoco 8 hours is the minimum for me to get decent results.

it's like high end audio, everything matters....I think that by now I can add some misstakes to the videos Vito is making ;-)

For Neapolitan style pizza less is more, and I finally convinced some family members of that concept :)

The choice of flour may have been my issue - I was use a 00 flour.

the challenge is to find the right typo 00 between all of them, it's the W number that is important for proofing duration
Caputo Cuoco is 00 too, but it behaves wildly different when comparing to other flours ground to 00 particle size.

the challenge is to find the right typo 00 between all of them, it's the W number that is important for proofing duration
Caputo Cuoco is 00 too, but it behaves wildly different when comparing to other flours ground to 00 particle size.

Now you're talking above my pay grade 🤔

A local store has a 00 that is specifically for pizza so I may have try that.

Now you're talking above my pay grade 🤔

A local store has a 00 that is specifically for pizza so I may have try that.
I messed around with flour a lot, and did not find anything that worked well until I hit the 5 Stagione and Caputo brands, which both have a high W number allowing long proofing time.

I messed around with flour a lot, and did not find anything that worked well until I hit the 5 Stagione and Caputo brands, which both have a high W number allowing long proofing time.
Which Caputo flour are you using? They make a special pizza flour with 13% protein content. That's pretty much the same as their Manitoba flour. I don't really know what the difference is. I believe it's a different strain of wheat.

I found a little info here, but it does not mention Manitoba.

https://thepizzaheaven.com/caputo-0...izza flour is,the dough stretchy and elastic.
Edit: It looks like Manitoba has the highest W number.

In the end, I think all of Cuoco, Pizzeria, and Manitoba make for really good pizza dough.

Which Caputo flour are you using? They make a special pizza flour with 13% protein content. That's pretty much the same as their Manitoba flour. I don't really know what the difference is. I believe it's a different strain of wheat.

I found a little info here, but it does not mention Manitoba.

https://thepizzaheaven.com/caputo-0...izza flour is,the dough stretchy and elastic.
Edit: It looks like Manitoba has the highest W number.

In the end, I think all of Cuoco, Pizzeria, and Manitoba make for really good pizza dough.
I'm using Cuoco, I have been using Manitoba in my recipe (up to 100%, just to see how it fares) but with long proofing up to 48hrs I don't need the Manitoba, anything longer than that I do need it but that takes so much pre planning that it hardly happens ;-)

Caputo is making a huge mess of their brands IMO, it's almost impossible to see through the marketing lingo znd find out what is inside the flour.

Caputo is making a huge mess of their brands IMO, it's almost impossible to see through the marketing lingo znd find out what is inside the flour.
I agree. I shouldn't have to search multiple websites to figure out what flour I should be using :(

Latest posts

Back