What's in your bag?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just picked up these 2. First production runs from Shun. 10" Ken Onion chef knife and 8" Bob Kramer. It's really interesting on the Kramer these only came in SG2 this one however looks to be VG Max as a first-run production
IMG_20200211_113244.jpg
IMG_20200211_113259.jpg

A very boring day and ominous kind of day. All my staff but 2 cooks out of 15 are left both my exec sous and bqt chef gone all laid off. In a way I’m happy for them at least they don’t have to stick it out in a haunted hotel with little to no signs of life:( Let’s hope for a speedy resolution for both our health and entire industry. Lonely knives with nothing to cut at the moment.
Pie damasteel petty
Wusthof little panini serrated
Dan Prendergast 240 wh 1.2519
Tony laseur 230 damasteel bitfrost
Halcyon forge 225 1.2519 wrought clad
Itou 180 r2
Pie 1095 honyaki Chinese cleaver
Shigefusa 165 ku nakiri
AD2F5CB2-0A51-4692-AF56-D2D9CA5049B4.jpeg

A very boring day and ominous kind of day. All my staff but 2 cooks out of 15 are left both my exec sous and bqt chef gone all laid off. In a way I’m happy for them at least they don’t have to stick it out in a haunted hotel with little to no signs of life:( Let’s hope for a speedy resolution for both our health and entire industry. Lonely knives with nothing to cut at the moment.
Pie damasteel petty
Itou 180 r2
Shigefusa 165 ku nakiri View attachment 74434

sexy roll

Pie damasteel petty
Itou 180 r2
Sweet set. Love that pie cleaver :eek:

Pie damasteel petty
Itou 180 r2

Sweet petty! Really digging the handle

Pie damasteel petty
Itou 180 r2
Shigefusa 165 ku nakiri

Best to you and crew in getting back on your feets. And nice knives.

My work bag- Ultimate Edge case:
wLzWTvUm.jpg

Section 1:
Tanaka 270 Nashiji Blue #2, Masakage Yuki 240, Harukaze 165 AS santoku, Kurosaki 210 R2, Kaeru 150 sld petty
F7Xcoy8l.jpg

dFSkkO1l.jpg

Section 2:
Tojiro 240 white #2 yanagiba, Masakage Koishi 150 AS honesuki, Kurosaki 270 R2 sujihiki, Masakage Yuki 165 nakiri, Shibata 180 AS Tank
SQJAVL8l.jpg

sgMQmLxl.jpg

Section 3:
Kaeru SLD 90 petty, leather strop, corks for de-burring, & rust erasers
gleBp7Sl.jpg

Usually have an ultimate edge myself that’s most of the time full. These days we are just doing 250 meals a day donation. I like to wipe everything down with sani. Sometimes even disinfectant wipes, the handles at least. So i’m rolling with these three trusty beaters! It’s just not enough work to bring a full bag in. Or to bring my high soft and hasegawa back in.

Attachments

• D4852BB6-6040-4A3A-93FA-B4F3A8A416DE.jpeg
    D4852BB6-6040-4A3A-93FA-B4F3A8A416DE.jpeg
    139.5 KB · Views: 67
Usually have an ultimate edge myself that’s most of the time full. These days we are just doing 250 meals a day donation. I like to wipe everything down with sani. Sometimes even disinfectant wipes, the handles at least. So i’m rolling with these three trusty beaters! It’s just not enough work to bring a full bag in. Or to bring my high soft and hasegawa back in.
What are the 2 gyutos?

What are the 2 gyutos?
The 270 is one of my first knives ever I think. Big mistake but good beater. It’s a kohetsu AS/SS clad. Needs a good thinning. Middle is a 240 masahiro. Decent beater. Needed a thinning and then I just followed the 80/20 ratio they do edge wise. Last is a stainless 180 ashi. This little trio isn’t amazing but it gets the job done for now! On poly boards and constant disinfectant, i’ll take these in any day.

Here's what's in our roll (made to measure by my wife.)

K Sabatier Antique Canadian 5" Parer
Mazaki W2 Kasumi 150mm Petty
Blenheim Forge Stainless-clad Petty 125mm
Blenheim Forge Stainless-clad Funayuki 170mm
Blenheim Forge Nakiri 150mm
Old Sabatier 9" Chef's
Double Lions #2 Chinese Cleaver 210 x 90mm

IMG_1033.jpeg

The tray from my tool box. I am getting sick of lugging the whole box around and just got through a big R&D push so I am gonna switch to a roll. The saya for my Marko fits the Martell perfectly too, even with different geometries and profiles. And a pic of most of the knives on hand to choose from currently.

Catchside
Mario
Davis
Tilman
Mario
Anderson
Shig
Catchside
Marr
Wilburn
Marko
Martell
Ittestsu
Mizuno
Mizuno

(Not pictured: Sakai Takayuki, Ray Rogers)

View attachment 27836

View attachment 27837
Holy Gyuto, Batman!!!

Here's what's in our roll (made to measure by my wife.)

K Sabatier Antique Canadian 5" Parer
Mazaki W2 Kasumi 150mm Petty
Blenheim Forge Stainless-clad Petty 125mm
Blenheim Forge Stainless-clad Funayuki 170mm
Blenheim Forge Nakiri 150mm
Old Sabatier 9" Chef's
Double Lions #2 Chinese Cleaver 210 x 90mm

View attachment 88246

That's a lot of Blenheim

Back