Quantcast

What's wrong with you guys?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

Michael Rader

Banned
Reaction score
I do all the time... Did you mean pesos?

Ever think about putting up an auction site here, Dave? You keep 5% and funnel 5% to a list of different charitys the winner can choose from and the maker keeps the rest. I know we wouldn't be talking these kinda numbers, but...
-M

JohnnyChance

Founding Member
Reaction score
I do all the time... Did you mean pesos?

Ever think about putting up an auction site here, Dave? You keep 5% and funnel 5% to a list of different charitys the winner can choose from and the maker keeps the rest. I know we wouldn't be talking these kinda numbers, but...
-M
We could do that we the raffle section. If you any of you guys have an extra knife, or try something new that wasn't ordered, etc; we can raffle it. Just have to figure out what you need to get out of it, add the 5% and 5% or whatever for charity/site costs, and divide by the number of tickets to make each one reasonable. If we don't sell all the tickets we dont raffle it, so there isn't a risk you sell a $900 knife for 40 bucks.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Professional Craftsman
Reaction score
For you knifemakers you could consider this a chance to try something a little bolder, maybe something higher end that you wouldn't normally do and go for it.

l r harner

Banned
Reaction score
im jsut getting started
next up is a 3100$ one then since you said so i ll list one for 5k and then maybe 10k but after all them price bumps a parer might have to cost 600$ :)

Marko Tsourkan

Reaction score
Well, I don't get distracted by Kramer auctions. Bob's clientele is outside forums, so to replicate his success, one has to offer a comparable product and market outside. First, a product.

M

StephanFowler

Reaction score
Dave need's to work on his pimp hand

gotta keep that pimp hand strong man

Butch, get back out there and hustle, you aint paid to look good after all

DrNaka

Reaction score
I don't see any of you selling a $51,000 knife! :razz:
I think I can get a custom order kitchen knife in Tamahagane made by a very famous Sword Smith.
But I do not know if there is a market for it.

Latest posts