Whats your most expensive hobby?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup all those SUV lovers that's where the money is. The Porsche G4 I have only seen at a car show. My favorite car in the whole show.

Another addition tonight to the pile...gotta find a better way to store them, I have a feeling a large safe is in my future...
IMG_3741.jpg

IMG_3743.jpg

It would definitely have to be brewing. Right now I’m set up for 15 gallon batches. I really want to build a one barrel system but don’t have the room.

I have an imperial milk stout sitting in the fermentor now.

Attachments

• 4CA4C0BD-247B-4257-9603-45E5766FCC3D.jpeg
    4CA4C0BD-247B-4257-9603-45E5766FCC3D.jpeg
    48.1 KB · Views: 81
Cycling for me too, have 10 of em need a few more though. Ohh...and cast iron, just reduced my collection of pre 50's Wagners, Griswolds and lodges that i refinish to 5 from 17 over the holidays. That number will jump back up to double digits soon!

Cycling for me too, have 10 of em need a few more though. Ohh...and cast iron, just reduced my collection of pre 50's Wagners, Griswolds and lodges that i refinish to 5 from 17 over the holidays. That number will jump back up to double digits soon!
I've been wanting to get some Griswolds

OTOH, if you buy at the right time (i.e., after someone else has watched the value of their new purchase depreciate, as is almost inevitable), or hold for quite a while, they're really not so expensive -- and, indeed, become appreciating assets (or at least hold their value). Although I have no intention of reselling my 993, I'm quite pleased by the current market value. And I certainly feel as if I've gotten nearly priceless pleasure out of it over the years, whether on the track or just enjoying driving it on streets and highways.

My 993 'Moby' says Hi

993_1.jpg
993_2.jpg

Sadly Dario passed this August...RIP.

The paint scheme on this frame is called ABVD; named after a cancer treatment he endured...
A friend of mine (Italian guy, in his early 70s) has a bike from him. I think it was finally finished a year or so before the maker died. My friend still rides it well over 100 miles/ week.

... I love the Panamera. I don't think it's pretty, but I find it strangely attractive. Including that hunchback. On the other hand, I do not understand the fascination with 911s. Sure, 20 years ago, it's in a league of its own, but today there are so many good cars out there.

... I love the Panamera. I don't think it's pretty, but I find it strangely attractive. Including that hunchback. On the other hand, I do not understand the fascination with 911s. Sure, 20 years ago, it's in a league of its own, but today there are so many good cars out there.
to each their own

to each their own
A friend of mine got his GT3 RS about two months ago, and a GT2 RS about 2 weeks ago. Suffice it to say if you rode in one of them you might understand the fascination. And while I agree the 911s through the mid 1990s has the most 'soul', a well set-up 997 or 991 can tear up the track in a way the earlier cars cannot dream of doing. On the street though those models do little to elicit the feelings the older versions drum up with ease.

Back