Whats your most expensive hobby?

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Room' started by JBroida, Feb 11, 2015.

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating:

1. Jan 3, 2019 #661

playero

playero

playero

Supporting Member

commodities trading and options on them

2. Jan 3, 2019 #662

agp

agp

agp

I rode in them, and understand them, but don't get the fascination for these specifically given the competition across the board.

3. Jan 5, 2019 #663

swarfrat

swarfrat

swarfrat

Can't argue with the ride quality of sew-ups. And back in the day, they were the only option for speed and distance.

But I got tired of stitching them up after flats 30+ years ago. As Sgt. Hulka said, "I'm getting too old for this ****."

That, and the last time I was putting any significant miles on them I flatted 15 miles into a cold, wet, rainy century. I'm no Froome, nobody's going to hand me a spare wheel ready to roll. There's nothing like standing in the rain wrestling with rock hard rim glue and then riding 85 miles wondering just how easy it is roll a tire off of re-used glue to make you appreciate clinchers. (Wasn't a flat ride, either. There were some great bombing descents but I think I kept it under 45mph and took turns really easy.)

4. Jan 5, 2019 #664

Mucho Bocho

Mucho Bocho

Mucho Bocho

Supporting Member

I use Uber to fix my woes if I break down. Knock on wood haven’t flatted on the road in years and the Veloflex Carbons are totally tough yet supple.