Whats your most expensive hobby?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. I actually have that covered. The gold one is not my style. Yet.
Can do both...
IMG_7178.jpg

Nice, my daily is a 16613 two tone blue submariner. Solid gold Rolex has still eluded me. I'll get a day date when I'm 50 haha

i thought the all gold Day Date Was so ridiculous for a long time.... now I want one lol. I think it can look very cool with a low key outfit like jeans, white shirt and ankle boots or even Chucks...

Actually found a 2016 6 speed manual Forrester on Craigslist.

Took it for a test spin over the Pali. A lot of fun the 6 speed with 2.5L boxer engine.

I drove a (almost vintage) Audi S6 for a while, that was an expensive hobby getting too expensive to be funny anymore so it had to go...but it was much fun on the Autobahn :p
The only downside is that any other car I'm driving seems to be broken, or rather; is lacking a few 100 horses....I find myself eyeing cars with more horses lately.

By far my most expensive hobby is audio, even when I'm not really buying much new stuff/gear, but the vintage stuff is getting hideously expensive and new parts are even more expensive as the labor cost of fairies and sourcerers has gone up dramatically lately. All in all I don't spend that much on hobbies, plenty more on food!

My most expensive hobby was JDM car modifications.

Known in Japan as Nissan Skyline 350GT, AWD, I.e. Inifinity G35x, started with innocent intake/exhaust & ended with the only HKS supercharged G35x in North America that I knew of. The modding, or should I say bleeding, paralleled the early Fast & Furious franchise years & the modding cost far exceeded the purchasing cost of the car.

Almost forgot espresso, but that pays itself by roasting my own beans (I tell mysel, truth is that I benefit from a huge 'free' quality increase by roasting my own greens versus buying roasted coffee at easily double the price of greens)

By far my most expensive hobby is audio, even when I'm not really buying much new stuff/gear, but the vintage stuff is getting hideously expensive and new parts are even more expensive as the labor cost of fairies and sourcerers has gone up dramatically lately.
A nice DAC and class D amp would solve that AND give you a nice upgrade in sound quality :p

Apart from what I have spent on my car, my money typically goes to clothing and travel/expensive hotels (pre covid). That is apart from food, alcohol, girls - and not necessarily in that order.. ;)
quote-i-spent-90-of-my-money-on-women-and-drink-the-rest-i-wasted-george-best-55-93-03.jpg

Spent more on knives than I ever spent on a car lol....

but been lucky last couple of years that wifey always got nice company cars ... that I used more than she did haha

Since sold my Honda over a month ago haven't had a car. Use her car tho neither of us drive much with Covid.

Lots of folks walking in our valley late in the day.

A nice DAC and class D amp would solve that AND give you a nice upgrade in sound quality :p
I consider my Metrum R2R DAC quite nice, for sure the new tube amp will outclass any class D amp, believe me I've heard plenty class D and yes they can do great but involvement and musicality is not their Forté. Did you ever hear a Yamamura amp, think in a niche in that direction;-)

I'm a lone digital ranger in the ranks of Klangfilm afficionados, intel NUC with LPS, Jcat output Singxer SU1 etc....

Last edited:
I consider my Metrum R2R DAC quite nice, for sure the new tube amp will outclass any class D amp, believe me I've heard plenty class D and yes they can do great but involvement and musicality is not their Forté.
I will leave involvement and musicality to the performer, thanks :p

Back