What's your ride?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bike: Swobo frame, Thompson steam/seat post, Chris King everything orange, Crank Bro's peddles, Surley Mr. Whurly Crank, lots of $$$ parts.

15453_208865715571_2297627_n.jpg

Daily Driver: 2008 Mazda 3
IMG_2004_re.jpg

Special Driver: 1966 GT289 Mustang that my father and I built. We pulled the original block out dropped a 302 Aluminum block in board it out to 308. Dropped a 5speed Hurst tranny in 9" rear end. She is putting down 475bhp and 420tq at the wheels not the crank. Top speed 157mph (or I should say fastest we have taken her). She was built to race and is based off of the old CanAm era race cars. And more is done to the suspention then I could ever type out. She can run turns faster then most modern cars in her class.

943676_10151673017490572_644121836_n.jpg

2005 MkIV GTI 1.8t
This is an older photo, it is embarrassingly dirty right now.

And a Trek 2.1 for the bike, stock except for Node 2 computer system and Schwalbe Ultremo ZX tires.

Just picked up a new ride for the wife;

2014 Kia Sorento titanium silver (not exactly the Lexus RX350 she likes, but I payed cash, so we have zero payments for it!)

She misses her minivan functionality, though...

kia.jpg

2013 dodge journey for the youngin come in a couple of months. traded in the subaru it was time for it to go.
942164_724280012065_880778589_n.jpg

I feel your pain. We were looking at compact SUVs over the weekend. So far Mazda CX-5 is in the lead, followed by Toyota RAV-4 and Honda CR-V is a distant third (no acceleration, transmission clunky and slow). Thankfully this is for the wife so my cars are unaffected!

Wildboar. We were torn between the cx-9, the new Pathfinder and the Kia, unbelievably. Price and options were the final decision...

Check out the Kia Sportage; new design, turbo, totally loaded runs under 30k....they also have good rebates; we got a $1000 and a $500.

My bro-in-law just got an Audi SUV, the thing is a wifi hot spot!

Tesla Model S. Picked up mid Jun. I love it. Fantastic drive: smooth, silent, accelerates like a rocket.

I've chosen 60Kw option + tech option gives gps, and few other goodies, but I never thought car with 3g connection could be so useful, even though I am a gadgethead.
Plenty of charge for my daily trips, charges at night on schedule.

17" display is definitely a very good idea:

Driving with one pedal(regenerative breaking) - strange at first, but very convenient once you get it. Especially in traffic. Let go off the accelerator, engine goes into generator mode, car slows down and charges at the same time. IMHO super cool and super efficient :)

One other thing I really like it this:

There is NOTHING under the hood except for the windshield wiper fluid tank cap. And yeah, trunk is also empty and huge, little use for me, but it did fit Corsair Obsidian 800D case easily :)
The fact that I don't have front half of the car filled with hot mechanical, moving parts ready to break, tear and overheat, requiring constant maintenance is a huge plus. Last time on my old BMW fan belt broke, which in turn broke piece of the far, which in turn broke everything around it and got stuck in the radiator... Screw all that.
And I don't have to go to gas station which somehow was always interfering with my schedules.
I no longer have to change oil either :) I did that myself for all the cars I've owned, can't say I enjoyed that though.

I do have some complaints about software in the car, like media player missing playlists and GPS lacking favorite places, but considering that software is already 4.5 version, hopes are high they will add missing features.

Driving with one pedal(regenerative breaking) - strange at first, but very convenient once you get it. Especially in traffic. Let go off the accelerator, engine goes into generator mode, car slows down and charges at the same time. IMHO super cool and super efficient :)

will this affect how you drive any other car..like in a panic situation?

I think he meant getting used to regenerative breaking too much, and not using brake pedal when necessary in panic situation..

Man. I miss the ride I had before getting married and buying a 120 lb mastiff. Toyota Matrix for me now. I've driven the heck out of that care and it has never quit. Toyota is the most reliable brand I've ever drven.

Its good to see the Tesla is finally coming down in price. At this rate I think I can afford one in about another 20 years.

Excellent choice to give everyone here a poopgasm.

Gator that Tesla is SICK, I got to drive the Fiskar Karma and wow the torque out of those electric cars is INSANE!

Yup, torque is very high, and pretty much instant for all practical purposes. And it's all beautifully simple :) Too bad Karma was a bust.
I wouldn't mind if my Tesla was a bit smaller tho :) Still having tough times getting used to its size after driving BMW 3 series for so long.

Yup, torque is very high, and pretty much instant for all practical purposes. And it's all beautifully simple :) Too bad Karma was a bust.
I wouldn't mind if my Tesla was a bit smaller tho :) Still having tough times getting used to its size after driving BMW 3 series for so long.

Yeah I heard about Fiskar going bust, and I am also having to get used to the size going from a subaru impreza to the suv is taking a while.

'91 Acura Legend coupe w/ a large modification list.
210,000 miles and still normally aspirated on original 3.2L engine. Soon I'll be putting in a 3.5 liter and retiring her to only DD duty.

Porsche cayman s for me... Yeah, no. Just a Hyundai elantra for this grad student.

@gator: that Tesla is hawt!

Back