Where’s my Kasumi thread go?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ma_sha1

Reaction score
Just got this notification but I can’t find where it went ?
81AA9114-6241-4222-961E-D703FFAFFE2E.jpeg

This is so easy to find out, one wonders why you made a post about it. Just go to your profile and click on your activity.

I thought the same thing but couldn't find the thread in his activity.

It was reported to mods, saw members being called racists and fascists and other crap. The thread was moved to abeyance until one of us can sort it out.

It was reported to mods, saw members being called racists and fascists and other crap. The thread was moved to abeyance until one of us can sort it out.

Thanks Dave,

Good call, some of the comments were clearly out of hands. If I had the option as thread owner to delete inappropriate posts, I’d have done it.

I am praying that mods will have time to clean it up & release the legit portion back 🙏

Reactions: ian
Thanks Dave,

Good call, some of the comments were clearly out of hands. If I had the option as thread owner to delete inappropriate posts, I’d have done it.

I am praying that mods will have time to clean it up & release the legit portion back 🙏
Hear Hear.

Huh. From the message you were given I'd assumed it was moved to Handiwork or something. Weird that it didn't say removed.

I hadn’t read it in a few... must have gone really down hill recently. Whether I agree with the modification of the knife or not I’d like to see the outcome if you can find it appropriate to let it back out to the public.

I think I missed all the extreme controversy. All I saw were some dumb joky comments (including ones made by me) about lawsuits. Sorry to hear it escalated from there.

I think I missed all the extreme controversy. All I saw were some dumb joky comments (including ones made by me) about lawsuits. Sorry to hear it escalated from there.
Yeah, "dumb" is a good discrption...For the sake of truth, @ian was just ironic. But again, for the sake of thuth you also liked/supported the posts which you now call "dumb joky comments"...

Reactions: ian
It’s ok, it got much worse after you, after the goofing around with your legal comments, it went into political name calling & raciest comments etc.

I totally understand, I manage a FB cooking group with almost 20k subscribers, **** like that can not be tolerated.

It’s ok, it got much worse after you, after the goofing around with your legal comments, it went into political name calling & raciest comments etc.

I totally understand, I manage a FB cooking group with almost 20k subscribers, **** like that can not be tolerated.
I am sorry, @ma_sha1 , but my comment was ref. your "non=negotiable" statement that the kanji remains no matter what, i.e. something relating to content published by the OP - you. It was "FYI", too. And you never tried to stop those who made unproper comments, sarcastic "jokes", "dumb joky comments" (allow me to citate @ian). On the contrary - you liked some of them, correct me if I am wrong.

I am sorry, @ma_sha1 , but my comment was ref. your "non=negotiable" statement that the kanji remains no matter what, i.e. something relating to content published by the OP - you. It was "FYI", too. And you never tried to stop those who made unproper comments, sarcastic "jokes", "dumb joky comments" (allow me to citate @ian). On the contrary - you liked some of them, correct me if I am wrong.

I think you’re misreading masha’s post. He’s saying that the legal stuff and the related posts were not the bad part. Rather, the bad part was the name calling and racism after that.

It has more meaning to it than that.
It basically means the you are calling them a derogatory term and the term is flexible. Sometimes it means "dumba$$" or "b!tch", etc. It has to be taken in context. It has a lot of meanings and can be used in a variety of situations.

Sometimes it can actually mean "Bless your heart", especially if you feel bad for the person.

Lots of different meanings depending where you're from

Per Quora:
  • Ok, here's where a little English nuance enters the discussion. "Bless your heart" and bless his heart" are (1) often used to say something nice when you really mean something not-so-nice. Here, context is very important because it is also used in the religious sense quite benevolently.
  • Negative Example: If my sister-in-law leaves a mess for me to clean up, I'll say "bless her heart" instead of "Why can't that dragon clean after herself?"
  • (2) Something that you say when you want to express affection for someone.
  • (3) God bless his heart would originally have been a wish or a prayer to counteract the effects of a negative statement.
  • (4) It can also be an expression of pity or sympathy.
  • "Bless someone's heart" is an incredibly versatile phrase that is used primarily by women from the South.
  • It is often a very harsh statement, as the following examples demonstrates: Bless her heart! She can't help being ugly, but she could've stayed home.
  • Perhaps, but it is extremely common in the South. Usually, the statement that precedes or follows it is subtler than the example I posted above. (5) When insulting someone, Southern women are very adept at disguising their true feelings, so Northerners often make the mistake of construing as an honest statement whatever precedes or follows "Bless his/her heart."

Back