Where in Australlia to buy cookware(restaurant supply house recomendation)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godslayer

Reaction score
Ok, so my sister is moving to Strallia for school(law school) so proud and i told her I would help her get set up with some basic cooking stuff. I quickly realized i have no idea where to buy this stuff. Im looking for a williams food equipment equivilant, basically sites with décent sales. Id like to get her a 5-7 pc set, mauveil,all clad,le creuset or equvilant. Probably grab a few kitchen tools as well but those are a dime a dozen. The best ive found is peters of kensington, but im guessing theres probably some little shop that is way better.

Thanks in advance,

Evan

petersofkensington.com.au
victoriasbasement.com.au

Gold Coast. I had presumed shipping items like pots and pans would be prohibativly expensive. Ill take a look at amazon uk though. Thanks.

Every now and then eBay will have 10-20% off, and quite often, Peter's of Kensington, Your home depot, Victoria's basement, Kitchenware house would join the program. So far, that's the cheapest options for many brands, but have to keep your eyes open.

Personally, I like Peter's of Kensington the best for domestic oriented shops. There are some real restaurant supply shops that I frequent, and it is fun to have a look at industrial options every now and then.

Peter's of kensington, everten.com.au (has a flat rate and often free shipping sale)
Kitchenwaredirect.com.au (same as above).

In terms of stores don't think there will be many decent stores on the Gold Coast. I tend to find outside of Sydney and Melbourne you are out of luck for good kitchenware stores with good variety.

Hence why i either plan a trip when in sydney or just buy online.

Also probably worth noting that brands will probably be more eurocentric here so she might have to adjust to unfamilar brands.

Thanks malex. Its going to be me buying everything online. Im leaning towards the all clad 5 pc set. I have their copper core line myself and atleast i know its good. Im not buying anything till early-mid october so ive got some time to do a little homework. I suspect anything would be an upgrade from her current stuff. Paper thin $60 walmart spécial. Its like tin foil lol.

No worries happy to help. Have a decent knowledge of the gold coast so happy to help with any other questions if you/she has any.

Though I will offer this advice (i assume she will be based around the north end, as that is where the unis are). In terms of beaches head south. That is where the really nice ones are. IMO Surfers/Broadbeach are pretty average. Burleigh, Greenmount, Coolangatta and Rainbow Beach are my favs.

While it's not based in Australia, I've found that berondi.com has wonderful prices on Demeyere and the shipping is relatively cheap---i had a set sent to the US from Germany, and even including shipping it was $200+ less expensive than buying from a local u.s. merchant. (Forget that all-clad junk!) :headbonk:

Back