Which is the best laser?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we're getting political... your opinion is PRC orthodoxy that would be strongly refuted by a Japanese speaker. Quoting English websites isn't a legitimate linguistic argument, and only shows how deeply China has sought to influence international discouse at a granular level. It's like an Italian who refuses to acknowledge the difference between Italian and Latin, and argues there's no such thing as the French alphabet. Japanese does not use Chinese characters, it uses kanji.
This is nonsense. Chinese characters are Chinese characters. Language is used for communication by common people and Google and Oxford Dictionary should tell what common people think what Kanji are. It’s not political until you came in with a strong political stand.

JML’s statement was definitely weird because most Chinese speakers won’t find the Kanji of Kato workhorse weird as we know it’s Japanese. We most likely find it interesting to see the different meanings of same characters in Japan and China. But it doesn’t make those characters “mainland Asian characters” because there is no such thing. Saying Google or Oxford language tells lies because China is seeking international influence is ridiculous. Google exited China to not be influenced by Chinese government.

I want to say my feeling again. I didn’t feel the topic political or racial until Spaceconvoy said what he/she said.

That's fine, we can agree to disagree. I've spent a lot of time in Japan and I've adopted the standard Japanese position on this issue. You believe the standard Chinese position. I'm willing to bet neither of us are linguists, therefore both of our positions are political.

Let's not let that distract from the more important point - we both agree JML is full of ****

I think Denkas are to thick at spine/heavy to be considered lasers. But still great knives, at least the good ones.

I agree with DitmasPork about western handle with finger notch feeling the most comfortable. And the western handles seem to be most popular.
Yes, of course, but if you read the lead up to my post, it was a humorous comment intended to make denka appropriate for this laser thread. My denka definitely a mid weight.

I just played it so I can sleep under the stars

Oh lord no, don’t make me second guess myself😀😀😀. Took me weeks to get the nerve to order a Denka! Aesthetically I prefer Wa, and also lots of talk about quality on Denka Yo, but hey, as JML said “why are we talking Denkas now” bless his heart. they look so good in red Western though, this much is true
We talk denkas because they’re fun to talk about. I’m sure denkas arbitrarily come up in many threads.

Stop and think about this. You are allowing a B.S. artist who goes by a Hispanic name, claims to be from Singapore and gets defensive regarding China to draw you into an argument over racism. This is bad comedy.
Isn’t JLM a Latino living in SG??? I just assumed he was a Latino based on name alone. I’ve never seen a pic of José TBH.

That's fine, we can agree to disagree. I've spent a lot of time in Japan and I've adopted the standard Japanese position on this issue. You believe the standard Chinese position. I'm willing to bet neither of us are linguists, therefore both of our positions are political.

Let's not let that distract from the more important point - we both agree JML is full of ****
Kanji is Japanese but it uses Chinese characters. I don’t believe a Japanese position would deny that. Here is a video made by a Japanese YouTuber. He literally said “Since we use many Chinese words and letters, we can sometimes guess when we see Chinese texts.” And he also said Chinese and Japanese are different languages and no Chinese would deny that.

Isn’t JLM a Latino living in SG??? I just assumed he was a Latino based on name alone. I’ve never seen a pic of José TBH.
1600220182076.png

Last edited:
Didnt really follow this thread from the beginning. But just finish reading the last 5 pages, very entertaining while waiting for my flight.

IMO, this is the best laser I use for work. Enough said. "DeWalt DW088K"

It's like an Italian who refuses to acknowledge the difference between Italian and Latin, and argues there's no such thing as the French alphabet. Japanese does not use Chinese characters, it uses kanji.
I did a little research and now I understand where you got confused. English alphabet, French alphabet, and Italian alphabet are all Latin alphabet as you said. This system has a name “Latin”. And both Chinese and Japanese Kanji (and ancient handwriting Korean actually) use Chinese characters. The name of those characters is indeed Chinese just like Latin. There’s no other name for those characters, otherwise free feel to find me a better term than your imaginary “mainland Asian characters”. There is no such thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back