Who are the handle experts please

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welshstar

Reaction score
Hi

If I wanted to get my Konosuke HD rehandled with something very custom and well finished where would you guys point me to please.

Alan

I can personally attest to the quality and attention to detail in Dave's handle work—top notch. If you're so inclined check into purchasing some wood you like from Burl Source. Look at Dave's sticky on woods he likes to work with.

I can personally attest to the quality and attention to detail in Dave's handle work—top notch. If you're so inclined check into purchasing some wood you like from Burl Source. Look at Dave's sticky on woods he likes to work with.

Dave's handlework is superb - looks like it should be OEM. Adam's is also good - but his handles are usually a bit fatter-than-normal (not sure if by design or not) - so if you have big hands, you could consider them - but they never really look as chic as dave's.

Also, I don't know if he takes orders, but "kalaeb" has done fantastic work on his stuff. Should definitely be getting some scratch for his talents.

Adam's handles are indeed fatter and a bit shorter, but it is intentional. It's more ergonomic, though it is unconventional and turns some folks off.

And of course Dave is awesome. Is he still doing rehandles? I thought there was some kind of thing about that...:scratchhead:

Why not try rehandling it yourself? I've quite a few knives and have tried various methods, everything from all power tools to no power tools. If you were willing to try, you could get it done with a simple set of files/ rasps, sand paper, hand drill and patience.

Why not try rehandling it yourself? I've quite a few knives and have tried various methods, everything from all power tools to no power tools. If you were willing to try, you could get it done with a simple set of files/ rasps, sand paper, hand drill and patience.

I do not have any of those items, especially the last one !!!

I just got a wa handle from Marko that was flawless, rumor has it he might be trying a few western handles which I am sure will have the same flawless trait, I have also have the pleasure of owning a Dave Martell hande that was a pleasure.

A western by Marko, now that sounds very promising.

A western by Marko, now that sounds very promising.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but western handles I am considering will be for my knives only. I simply don't have time for any custom work.

M

Back