Who is your favorite forum member?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I said before, this brings back memories.
Two people made me take the cleaver jump all by themselves...
C-Dawg (Curtis who did this video: )
and Andy777 (at least that is how I recall his nick) who did all the cleaver comparisons. I miss both of their posts.

Given his popularity, I think we may have to arrange a @Michi passaround 2020. I propose a pretty ambitious tour with stops in Europe (of course), the US, South America, and Asia before we pack him up and ship him comfortably back to Brisbane. I’ll start working on the declaration’s form. I’ll ask @RDalman to make a slick custom full size saya to make Michi’s transportation more enjoyable.

Last edited:
Given his popularity, I think we may have to arrange a @Michi passaround 2020. I propose a pretty ambitious tour with stops in Europe (of course), the US, South America, and Asia before we pack him up and ship him comfortably back to Brisbane. I’ll start working on the declaration’s form. I’ll ask @RDalman to make a slick custom full size saya to make Michi’s transportation more enjoyable.
My Michi arrived with a nice patina, sharp out of the box...

My Michi arrived with a nice patina, sharp out of the box...

Hmmm, good to know, but I had let him take a flitz bath just before I shipped him, so he must have acquired the patina during transportation... plz take hd pictures so I can file a complaint!

:LOL:

Funniest thing all day!

Oh boy, it looks like I've somehow managed to become the centre of attention ;)
I propose a pretty ambitious tour with stops in Europe (of course), the US, South America, and Asia before we pack him up and ship him comfortably back to Brisbane. I’ll start working on the declaration’s form. I’ll ask @RDalman to make a slick custom full size saya to make Michi’s transportation more enjoyable.
I do appreciate the kind thoughts, very flattering!
The shipping on that passaround is going to add up. Don't forget air holes in the saya...
Thank you for being so mindful, I was briefly worried about air supply during the trip!

But @madelinez has hit this on the head: I think that, unfortunately, costs would be prohibitive. For one, I've repeatedly heard forum members state that import duties for Europe and South America can be exorbitantly high. Further, since I started reading the "What's cooking?" thread, my weight has been climbing steadily. Unfortunately, I now clock in at a little over 100 kg (and that's without any Saya).

I really don't want to impose additional strain on the budgets of forum members, so I will have to respectfully decline the offer… ;)

PS: In all seriousness, I do appreciate the kind words, and I can return the compliments in spades. This is a great forum, and I'm learning lots from all sorts of people, not to mention that hanging out here is a lot of fun. Thank you to everyone around here for making this a good place to be!

I wouldn't recommend transporting Michi anywhere inside of a box but he is certainly a great guy, I will continue stealing food ideas from him for the foreseeable future :D

"Favorite" seems like a rather loaded term but there are members whose posts I make it a point to read:
@Larrin
@Kippington
@JBroida
@Badgertooth
@Isasmedjan
@nutmeg
@Matus
@RDalman
edit: forgot @DevinT

Members I want to have a meal with:
@Carl Kotte
@lowercasebill
@Michi
@Kippington
@boomchakabowwow
@DamageInc

Doubtless I'm forgetting a ton of members but this is a start
edit: forgot @McMan

honored bud!! too much talent on this forum to list. i've mentioned it before..i wish we were all neighbors.

Some of my favorites are Asteger, Tgfencer and Brooksie967.

A lot of great people here. I'm glad i found KKF.

Right back at ya Marcelo, always a pleasure. Speaking of, I still have some stones I bought from Asteger years ago. He and Vinster were some of the early natural stone gurus. As for Jeremy, he's alright I guess, when he's not flaunting his Ashi collection...;)

Right back at ya Marcelo, always a pleasure. Speaking of, I still have some stones I bought from Asteger years ago. He and Vinster were some of the early natural stone gurus. As for Jeremy, he's alright I guess, when he's not flaunting his Ashi collection...;)

Asteger was the first one i remember that would sharpen a kitchen knife using an all natural stone progression. It was a lot of fun listening to his insights regarding jnats.

I also have a couple from Asteger, you, mainaman (Stefan) and Jeremy. I remember Vinster posting, but it is a shame i couldn't really get to know him a bit. Is he still around?

Back