Who makes this petty?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got one of these from Carbon last year, and on the whole it beats out my Anryu and Masakage/Kato pettys.

Could you share why you preferred it over the other 2? I’m looking at the Anryu and Masakage myself. Thanks

If I had to guess my first pick would be Shiro Kamo.
Best like zizirex said contact Hokuto, usually doesn't take too long to answer.

Beautiful choil shots on this one. Looks like the kanji is the same as the Hirohira Kikuchiyo line and looks like the geometry is pretty similar to the Kikuchiyo Kyuzo line. Looks like they have some gyuto's in the GR line, probably the same smith/sharpener right? They all look like good cutters! Let us know if you hear back!

Beautiful choil shots on this one. Looks like the kanji is the same as the Hirohira Kikuchiyo line and looks like the geometry is pretty similar to the Kikuchiyo Kyuzo line. Looks like they have some gyuto's in the GR line, probably the same smith/sharpener right? They all look like good cutters! Let us know if you hear back!
Hitohira is a Brand that is own by Hokuto, Kikuchiyo is a pseudonym of one of the blacksmiths he is working with. Same as Kyuzo, Yohei, Kambei etc which are pseudonyms of each sharpener. They are all named after 7 Samurai Characters, I don't know why he did that. the GR is from Echizen, so I would guess it is maybe from one of the blacksmiths in Takefu Knife Village or Echizen Uchi Hamono.

Latest posts

Back