wip updates please

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sachem allison

Reaction score
you know who you are. you know what I want. follow ups or updates, please. I know life gets in the way, but a few words every once in a while will suffice. TK? Chuck? Eamon? Pablo? Randy how are you liking yours? How are things going Benuser? what about you Deckhand? :spin chair::wi:bat::nunchucks:nk:

Grinder is broken. The motor is unseating itself. I've been using it anyways, but I've now got about 1mm clearance before it will be a magnetic dervish in a steel box 8 inches from my vital organs. So I'm solving that first.

Son,

Thanks for the reminder.

The vintage chefs knife that I bought with the scimitar is out on loan with Chef James. He came over Friday and played around with everything I had then demanded more time with that one. What brand was it anyway? Sheesh, I may not get it back. Good thing I already posted pics, Aye.

The boning knives will be in the next batch of HT along with Siti's sword, etc. Handle materials and slot cutter are ready and waiting. The big wait is getting enough material to travel south to use a BIG HT oven.

Hasta,
PZ

PZ

Grinder is broken. The motor is unseating itself. I've been using it anyways, but I've now got about 1mm clearance before it will be a magnetic dervish in a steel box 8 inches from my vital organs. So I'm solving that first.

Love you eloquently descriptive vocabulary.

Pfft...where's your priorities? There's a whole mm left......

I've got some things I need to deal with before I get back to these. I do have one update. The Ray Rogers was sharpened at close to 45 deg on a side. I'm not kidding. It is now sharpened at 10-15 deg, the bevels are huge and it is cutting a heckuvalot better. It took a lot longer to grind down that I expected, too. I shoulda used something coarser but oh well, whatcha gonna do, right? :dontknow:

Give me 3 weeks and I should be able to put up a WIP for at least one of the Carbon blades I bought off you.
Just practicing keeping an even grind on the belt before I start on something I'd rather not f up. So far so good, just need to move house and then it will be done.

Honestly Son, I wasn't planning on doing a wip with the one I bought from you. I am still trying to decide weather I want to swap out the handle or keep the old one.

I've got some things I need to deal with before I get back to these. I do have one update. The Ray Rogers was sharpened at close to 45 deg on a side. I'm not kidding. It is now sharpened at 10-15 deg, the bevels are huge and it is cutting a heckuvalot better. It took a lot longer to grind down that I expected, too. I shoulda used something coarser but oh well, whatcha gonna do, right? :dontknow:
no problem, that's all I want to know. That Ray Rogers came that way and I never had the time or stones to rework it. It needed some stone love. thanks Tk for the update.

Honestly Son, I wasn't planning on doing a wip with the one I bought from you. I am still trying to decide weather I want to swap out the handle or keep the old one.
I didn't expect a wip from you, just the ones I mentioned, we had a deal.lol

Son,

The knife is still in the works. Blade is almost finished, I have scales, just need to work on getting them on and trimmed down.

-Chuck

OK....maybe this will keep me out the "y'all BITE" group.

This is the second of the two I bought a while back. The scales were very white oak so I gave them a classic Rat Fink Flame Job.

PZ

SonScimitar2.jpg

Rescue02b-w-062512.jpg

beautiful, Paul. Thank you

You're welcome.

Sorry it took so long but....... yada yada yada....

The Herders will be up next. They need to be HT'd then I'll mount them to handles. Maybe by the end of October to early November before I get to them IF all goes well.

Thanks,

PZ

Hellz yes Paul, awesome job! I'm sure it looks even better in person.

Son, I desperately need a new WIP !!! Then , I would be happy to update you on it!!!

knerd want to help me restore one son sent to me? its a big scimitar from like the 50's.

Back