• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Bought Withdrawn.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is wild!

Perhaps only good thing in the whole farrago (if I'm understanding it correctly) is that @Whetted_edge recognised a knife that had 'gone missing', pretended to want to buy it via PM, but was actually going undercover to expose the scam... Kudos!
That's correct. Thank you. The knife community is a family and I want to keep it that way.

That's correct. Thank you. The knife community is a family and I want to keep it that way.
This is what differentiates this place from other communities - thank you for your efforts.

I even talked to dude about a couple knives, seemed like a legit, friendly person :(.

Bake at 450deg until done:

1. Buyer has a PP confirmed address (just like everybody else).
2. Buyer buys knife, pays with PP using this address, requests UPS.
3. UPS tries to deliver package to address, leaves paper door notice, which buyer uses to have the package re-directed to another address.
4. Buyer files PP claim since it was not in fact delivered to their confirmed PP address.
5. PP issues refund to buyer because PP won't get involved in the nuances of UPS. (Seller says buyer re-directed package, buyer points the finger at seller, PP sides with buyer.)
6. Seller is effed.

Have I understood the sequence correctly?
If so, further proof perhaps to deal with known members. I haven't seen it yet, but I wonder if we're close to seller-imposed post-count/join date restrictions in WTS listings?
This happened in the retail arena, not here on BST. “Seller-imposed post-count/join date restrictions in WTS listings” I don’t think would help in a situation like this. He was active and also probably would have met any restrictions. I will admit that I have sent to a different address than PayPal address, but it has made me very nervous. And I don’t think I will do it, unless under extreme circumstance and someone I know personally.

Back