D. Martell Woods I Use for Handle Work - Q&A / Information

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You may be surprised at how comfortable that handle is. been around for 140 years for a reason.lol

I have read some reviews where people claim to like them. They sure don't photograph very well. Maybe Dave would mimic the shape for me in black Corian...

my recommendation is to smooth all the edges, round them over and you will feel the difference. They are usually ebony handles also

1. A handle from Dave, for any knife, won't be uncomfortable. He wouldn't ship it out feeling crappy.
2. I don't like the Nogent handles either.

Just a reminder, something worth noting for my rehandle and Martell knife customers....

I love when a customer wants to shop for their own woods because this makes the results so much more individual and uniquely theirs, I have to still insist on some standards to be followed though. I listed these items at the beginning of this thread, here is a link to that post. Please read this and if you have any questions please ask before you purchase wood and send it here for use.

Recently I've had a lot of too thin scales, wood from unknown sources, and wood of questionable quality coming in. I have to refuse a lot of this wood and I hate doing this because it causes the customer a lot of grief. Again, please check with me or make sure it qualifies for my standards before purchasing.

Dave

Back