• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB WTB/WTT Kato 270 Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never got offered any Kato from one of you two neither in many years we know each other.
I even let kashy buy a western because he was missing it 👍
so I believed the best way was to put it on sale here and let all the members to have an opportunity. Anyway I withdraw it and I will keep it bit longer 😂😂😂so if the day will come again and Kashy is lucky enough probably he will get it .❤️❤️

Just out of curiosity, any particular reason you’re looking for a 270? Just size preference? I see 240’s pop up here and there.

The size does matter. It's not how functional or good the knife is. The 270 is a very heavy 300g+ hunk of steel. The 245 is already heavy and too large for most of us. However this doesn't matter it's just about who has the longest :)) ) and more rare.

Just out of curiosity, any particular reason you’re looking for a 270? Just size preference? I see 240’s pop up here and there.

Yes, also the thing I’ve absolutely loved about Katos is the massively thick spine out of the handle that tapers and the 270 has that in a more pronounced way than 240s would.

It’d certainly be a pleasure and privilege just holding a 270, if I ever can get my hands on one.

I have 270 and love it. They exist. Tough to find. Good luck.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 79
I have 270 and love it. They exist. Tough to find. Good luck.
Beautiful knife. Hopefully I’ll come across one some day.

also that small one up top is absolutely insane whatever it is!!

Never got offered any Kato from one of you two neither in many years we know each other.
I even let kashy buy a western because he was missing it 👍
so I believed the best way was to put it on sale here and let all the members to have an opportunity. Anyway I withdraw it and I will keep it bit longer 😂😂😂so if the day will come again and Kashy is lucky enough probably he will get it .❤❤

Hey, i offered you a Kato! First dibs! 😂

Back