• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS: 180 Shig Kamagata mukimono w/Custom Saya

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brainsausage

Reaction score
Hey folks. So a couple weeks back I was poking around in one of my old knife bags and stumbled upon a couple blades that I’d forgotten I even owned, one of which being the one in the title.

I bought this 3-4 years back when I was going on a knife buying spree. Used it a handful of times and then stashed it and promptly forgot about. There was some light surface rust from being stored in the saya for so long, but it should come off pretty easily with a little finger stone treatment or other polishing method. I’m not really concerned with the finish on my knives by and large and thus don’t really have the gear or experience to do so, and yes I oiled it before I stashed it[emoji13]

Anyways... this thing has clouds for days!!! Very defined and detailed, almost kitaeji-like. I caught a little in the pics and can try to take more if necessary. It’s a beaut!

The handle is one of the nicer shig handles I’ve used. Has a deeper color and finish.

The saya is pine, and due to the softness has a couple dings, but nothing major. Nice figuring and a rustic construction.

I’m currently not looking for any trades just a straight sale.

Considering the overall condition, rareness of kamagata’s, saya, and current retail on shigs... I’m pricing this to move, $475 shipped conus, international shares the weight.

And now the always $hitty iPhone pics!

IMG_1152.jpg

IMG_1144.jpg

IMG_1147.jpg

IMG_1148.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Oh snap! Thanks Rick, I should’ve actually done the legwork and found the original listing. I always mix the two up in my head my bad.

Done... remember me if you sell that billipp

Thank you sir.

(That Billipp goes everywhere with me. Literally. I’m having a gps tracker installed in the handle in case I get mugged at gunpoint. It’s THE knife. I now know what true love is)

Back