• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD WTS: Doi Suisin Hayate 300mm Sakimaru

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brainsausage

Reaction score
Hello folks! Up for consideration is a Master Doi Suisin Hayate Sakimaru Yanigiba, 300mm length, I believe it’s in blue 1 but somebody should check me on that. Pretty simple Rosewood/buffalo horn handle.

This is from one of the last batches that Master Doi finished before retirement. Bought it a few years back when I was going knife crazy. Jon refinished it in 2013 or so. Used it a bit but never dared to sharpen it myself[emoji51]. Been in storage for the last 2+ years. It definitely could use a touch up. Plenty of stains on the blade but they should come off no problem through regular sharpening progression. Saya is a little beat up cosmetically due to banging around in my knife bag for a couple years. (I somehow still have the original saya pin...) It’s a truly beautiful knife. One of the nicest I’ve had the pleasure of handling but has no place in my current kit, or any foreseeable kit for that matter.

Looking to get $650 all in shipped priority CONUS, international will have to pony up a bit more. I’m tentatively interested in partial trades for lower end gyutos in the 240-270 range, plus cash on your end

And super long shot here but if anyone has a Koenig Mini-Goblin in standard titanium scales I’d do a one for one trade. Not getting my hopes up on that one though[emoji849]

Here’s some shite pics!(Hard Boiled tee not included;)

IMG_1821.jpg

IMG_1820.jpg

IMG_1801.jpg

IMG_1818.jpg

IMG_1802.jpg

IMG_1819.jpg

IMG_1816.jpg

IMG_1817.jpg

Back