• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD WTS Kato workhorse/Shig/Ikeda Suminagashi

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisterCAG

Reaction score
Hello Everybody. I’ve been mostly a lurker on these forums for years and eventually stopped collecting knives after finding the perfect knife for me which happens to be a TF Denka. Looking to sell off a few knives that I’ve picked up over the years either on this forum or website. Thank you for viewing. I’m pricing these to sell and move, pretty much the same price I got them for. I just want these to go to a home that will use them and treasure them more than I can. Looking for PayPal, no trades. I’m trying to pay off some bills. Will ship with usps

First up is a Kato Workhorse that I purchased in 2015 from someone of the forums here. Edge length around 244mm 53mm tall. Has a bit of patina, I only cut one onion with it and stored it away. Never sharpened. Asking price is 550 shipped - SOLD

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Next up is a Shigefusa with a left handed D handle. The grind is 50/50, I purchased this around the time I saw shigefusa hype and figured I would just re-handle it down the line, that never happened haha. I cut one single shallot with this guy and put it away for the future. My loss is your gain. 220 mm length around 48mm tall. Purchased on the forums in 2015. Asking price is 450 shipped. SOLD

image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg

Next up is a Yoshikazu Ikeda Suminagashi 270mm Gyuto. Purchased from Bernal Cutlery, it’s brand new, never used and comes with a Saya. Heel to tip is around 264mm long and 54mm high. The handle does have a slight crack, which is how I received it. Asking price is 550 shipped (lower than I paid by over 100). Also comes with a free first time sharpening card.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Thanks for reading! Hope to hear from you.

Last edited:
Kato and Shig have both sold, thank you to everybody that took a moment to look, I truly appreciate it. Ikeda is still up for sale.

Back