• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD WTS Suita, Uchimugori, Tomae naturals. ALL SOLD

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwalker

Reaction score
I am offering these three Japanese natural stones for sale. They are all excellent examples of their type and are clean with no crunchies or lines that need to be dug out. I may not sell all three as I like them all but they are redundant in my collection.

#1 : Maruoyama Shiki Uchimugori
188 x 66 x 30 1160g with base
I purchased this one from tgfencer more than 2 years ago. It is a good polishing stone, relatively soft and with good mud like you want when polishing. It acts similarly to other uchimugori, feels similar to takashima/hakka/hideriyama class in terms of feedback underneath the blade, and leave a very nice contrast on laminated blades. It can sharpen as well, better than most uchimugori but it's not super fast. It will generate its own mud but you can kick up some slurry to get it going faster with a nagura or plate. I mounted it on a piece of Jatoba and sealed it on the sides and bottom with lacquer. The first pic is from when the stone was unused and had the face stamps. The stamps on the sides remain. Asking $250 shipped US. International add $15.

vEVdnHo.jpg

nR564Yw.jpg

llteuUo.jpg

u1lBhMO.jpg

2vdiuiw.jpg

IUp2iDg.jpg

74Mky9m.jpg

nDq1ZZ8.jpg

NeolYJ7.jpg

#2 : Okudu (I think) suita koppa SOLD
Longest dimensions: 180 x 71 x 24
Shortest dimensions: 164 x 47 x 24
754g with base
I purchased this stone from metalmaster several years ago. I cannot find my records of the purchase but I think it is from Okudu. Its shape is very useable and it is good for sharpening and polishing. It is quite fast and makes black swarf quickly. It is a medium hard stone and benefits from some slurry before polishing but you can get there without using a nagura. It makes a very crisp edge and has decent feedback. The surface is 95% flat but is a little low in 2 corners. A couple more mm of lapping will eventually get it completely flat. First pic is when the stone was unused and still had stamps. Asking $175 shipped US, international add $15. SOLD

NLRoUWb.jpg

syYMsDJ.jpg

MHlNSDg.jpg

syYMsDJ.jpg

MHlNSDg.jpg

8hcwGHq.jpg

8hcwGHq.jpg

L9l3EkK.jpg

Last edited:
#3 : Shoubudani Tomae. SOLD
190 x 65 x 46 1730g with base
I purchased this stone off the BST from PalmRoyale more than a year ago. I am copying his description because I agree totally with his assessment and he puts it better than I could.

"This beautiful Shoubudani Tomae measures 190x65x45mm and it's on the softer side. It's perfect for iron clad, wide bevel knives and it will release a good amount of mud without becoming a mud bath. The mud is very slick so your blade will effortlessly glide over the stone. It gets even better when you first create a light slurry but it's not absolutely necessary. Water management is good, add a few drops of water when it starts to dry out and you're good to go. The stone doesn't scratch soft cladding and creates a flawless polish on the hard core which makes me think it's at least in the 10,000 grit range. The edge is definitely very smooth and glides through tomatoes. I made the base myself from a nice piece of Teak and I finished it with marine grade varnish. Why the base? I just felt this stone deserves to live on a nice base. The price for this beauty is $275 all in."

Since the price I paid included shipping from EU, I am offering this stone for $260 shipped US, international add $15. SOLD
68KByri.jpg

5iQatMs.jpg

5iQatMs.jpg

yii6LTU.jpg

djXxu0W.jpg

Last edited:
Whoever bought the Shobu tomae is getting a great stone. In hindsight I could've made the base a bit lighter but that's hindsight for you :p And it's a thick 4ss stone as well!

Hi, I might be somewhat unfamiliar with the stamps, but what is indicating that the Maruo is shiki uchi versus general awasedo or tomae?
Stamp on No 1 says it's Aisa layer I'm pretty sure.

Back