Quantcast

WTS WTS/WTT Narutaki, Fine Aoto, Shobu

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

Elliot

Reaction score
Hi all -

Three natural stones for sale. Also open to trade for interesting knives.

1. Hard Narutaki
- This is a true finisher. Can be a bit glassy, but will give an incredible polish. Weight is 1980 grams and dimensions are 206mm x 76mm x 51mm
- Sealed and ready to rock.
- $700

2. Super Fine Aoto
- Most Aoto seem to be in the lower grit end of naturals, but this is a rarity. I'd put it more in the Aizu range. She can be a bit thirsty, but is super forgiving. Massive stone. Weight is 2378 grams and dimensions are 225mm x 66mm x 70mm
- $500

3. Shobu
- This is a really great stone for a beginner. While it delivers a very fine finish, it also produces slurry quite easily. Awesome coloring. Weight is 1368 grams. Dimensions are 203mm x 64mm x 45mm
- $250

For people interested in natural stone polishing, this would actually make a lovely set you could jump to right after 1k synthetic.
Will give a break on pricing for packages.

Happy to send additional images and/or answer questions.

Thanks!

Elliot

Reaction score
Overall solid. While finer than most Aoto, it still retains a fair amount of toothiness. If I’m being transparent, I think it’s a stone that excels in the polishing department and gives a solid edge. For pure edge work, I think an Aizu is superior for my tastes.

Tonycast

Reaction score
Thanks for showing me. Any interest in a sukenari zdp189 240 gyuoto? Or a shibata sujihiki? Nothing too interesting, but figured I would give it a shot

lemeneid

TFTFTFTFTF
Reaction score
Someone please buy that Aoto. Everyone needs a perfect Aoto. It’s got that perfect balance of sharpness and teeth. If you’ve gotten your perfect aoto, you don’t need any other stone ;)

Tonycast

Reaction score
Someone please buy that Aoto. Everyone needs a perfect Aoto. It’s got that perfect balance of sharpness and teeth. If you’ve gotten your perfect aoto, you don’t need any other stone ;)
It's an amazing looking stone, unfortunately I just got an also amazing aizu. I agree though, either of those two are just so necessary if you use jnats

Elliot

Reaction score
Price drops for expedient sales.
Narutaki: $650
Aoto: $450
Shobu: $200

Badgertooth

Reaction score
I’ve attached some shots of the Shoboudani in action. Bear in mind my white balance under artificial light will make it show more yellow than Elliot’s photo but I’d say in real life it’s somewhere between the two.
Elliot’s summary is perfect, it’s a fine stone that auto slurries and a great entry into the world of naturals. Kyoto stone association stamps and Shoboudani stamps visible in my photos.

Attachments

Elliot

Reaction score
Last two sold.
Mods, thread is too old to close myself. Pls close. Thank you.

Latest posts