• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD /WTT Dalman, Antzenberger, Raquin, Spare, Isasmedjan, HSC, Tanaka x Kyuzo

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Have accumulated too many knives that should be used more than I am using them so got the following up for trade/sale. Trade wise I'd be most interested in something from the Nine, Bazes or Kamon, maybe a Kippington too. If you have something you want to offer outside the list though, happy to consider other offers. Will update with pics for each knife in later posts.

EDIT - section about shipping from France deleted since the trip has already happened. Unlikely to be going again in the next few months.

Dalman Stainless Short Suji - TRADED

Length heel to tip: 217mm
Height at heel: 43mm
Weight: 169g
Handle: Curly Maple

Bought it directly from Robin. Never sharpened. Used a couple times to slice some bavette steak. I have a 270 suji from him too and don’t use this enough. Put trade/sale value at around what it cost me - 450 USD

Antzenberger Workhorse Honyaki Gyuto - SOLD

Length heel to tip: 235mm
Height at heel: 58mm
Weight: 285g
Steel: Aogami 2 Honyaki
Handle: Unknown, Evan said it was something stabilised but he wasn’t sure exactly what

Bought directly from Evan earlier this year. Touched up once on a coticule. Put trade/sale value at around it cost me - 890 USD

Spare Apex Ultra MCX Gyuto (1st release) - SOLD

Length heel to tip: 230mm
Height at heel: 53mm
Weight: 198g
Steel: Apex Ultra Mono
Handle: Bog Oak, imitation ivory, brass spacer

Bought directly from Modern Cooking. Touched up once on a BBW. Put trade/sale value at around it cost me - 505 USD

Spare Apex Ultra MCX Gyuto (2nd release) - SOLD

Length heel to tip: 254mm
Height at heel: 56mm
Weight: 200g
Steel: Apex Ultra Mono
Handle: Ebonised (stained) Oak, Stacked Birch Bark and stainless steel front cap

Bought directly from Modern Cooking. Never sharpened. Used once for a meal. Put trade/sale value at around it cost me - 570 USD

Raquin Mini Gyuto - SOLD

Length heel to tip: 195mm
Height at heel: 45mm
Weight: 153g
Steel: 125sc clad in XC10
Handle: Burnt French Oak

Bought directly from Bryan. Never sharpened. Don’t find I use this size enough to hold on to. Put trade/sale value at around it cost me - 450 USD

Isasmedjan Semi-integral Honyaki - SOLD

Length heel to tip: 235mm
Height at heel: 53mm
Weight: 211g
Steel: C105 Honyaki
Handle: Ridged Gingee

Never used since purchase. Picked up on the forum from this thread: Isasmedjan 235mm semi-integral honyaki gyuto. Put trade/sale value at around it cost me - 650 USD

HSC Western Z-wear Gyuto

Length heel to tip: 200mm
Height at heel: 51mm
Weight: 186g
Steel: Z-Wear Mono
Handle: Stabilised Mango

Bought directly from Harbeer. Never sharpened. To be honest haven’t needed to with the edge holding of Z-wear. Put trade/sale value at around it cost me - 600 USD

Tanaka x Kyuzo Kurouchi Gyuto

Length heel to tip: 231mm
Height at heel: 51mm
Weight: 211g
Steel: Aogami #1 Iron clad
Handle: Yakusugi Cedar with White buffalo horn

Bought directly from Strata. Haven't seen many Tanaka x Kyuzo's at this weight. Sharpened a couple times on a Naniwa 3k. Put trade/sale value at a bit under it cost me (520 USD) - 475 USD

Last edited:
Dalman Stainless Short Suji

IMG_6979.jpg
IMG_6980.jpg
IMG_6982.jpg

HSC Western Z-wear Gyuto

IMG_6988.jpg

Some old higher effort pics from when I bought it. Condition is largely unchanged. There is a some minor rust marks on the surface from shipping. Harbeer said he was happy for me to ship to him to have him refinish it and can do this before sending to the buyer if they prefer.

IMG_7019.jpg
IMG_7020.jpg
IMG_7023.jpg
IMG_7017.jpg
IMG_7018.jpg

If that Tanaka kyuzo was an extra height I’d be in a ton of trouble rn. Those cedar handles are surprisingly nice in hand. Very warm and feel quite grippy due to the more soft nature. Plus the contrast of the ku with the blonde on blonde handle is sooooo beautiful to me. GLWS these fine pieces of cutlery.

I find it bizarre that the Evan is still available
And what about the Isasmedjan honyaki, Dalman and Tanaka? Really cool set.

In the meantime the little Raquin arrived.
Thanks a heap Peter for the seamless transaction and for sending it from France.
Expensive for a little knife but well, that´s the way it is with these "wanted" blacksmiths nowadays.
Excited to see what the hype is all about.

Attached a family shot of the "little ones" without the 200mm Carter SFGZ Wabocho White #.
They are already getting on with each other but I see quite a bit of competition between them in the near future.
(Hiromoto G3 suji, Ikeda gyuto, Raquin, Kanetsune gyuto, Munetoshi petty)

Attachments

• 20230114_104228_cpr.jpg
    20230114_104228_cpr.jpg
    486.4 KB · Views: 0
Back