• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn /WTT Konosuke, Matsubara, Y. Tanaka - PRICE DROP

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ModRQC

Just shutup n' grabbit!
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are some knives that I don’t really want to keep – when I’m honest with myself and not finding pretexts to keep them. So opening this up for trades as well and see what comes out.

Price drop/Shipping included

Konosuke HD2
– 199/49 122g Balance +15

310$ CAD / 250$ USD

From BST, sharpened a couple times on fine stones only, some scratches from use and near the edge bevels. Not into lasers and a bit on the light side for my tastes too.
IMG_7973.jpg
IMG_8160.JPG

Matsubara Nashiji – 230/53 Ginsan 163g Balance +30

330$ CAD / 270$ USD

This one has seen a lot of use, but only two sharpenings, and one big thinning session transforming it into the laser it had the potential to become. Since refinish isn’t perfect, I removed 100$ from the price I paid even though my work is great added value. This knife redefines the laser territory: you get a rounded spine almost 4mm thick out of handle and 3mm at heel in a tall knife – those characteristics you’re not likely to see in typical lasers. Or a lot of Ginsan knives for that matter. I’m just not into lasers all that much, even those that good, and need some fresh air. Time to say goodbye to this baby. Lefties should look elsewhere.
22.JPG
21.JPG
8.JPG

Y.Tanaka/Takada No Hamono Reika – 197/46 White #2 151g Balance +5 –

360$ CAD / 290$ USD

IMG_5878.JPG
IMG_5881.JPG
Choil.jpg

Recently cleaned of its patina, slight tip chip it came with repaired, sharpened once on fine stones only.
IMG_8264.JPG
IMG_8268.JPG

Thanks!

Last edited:
Kono HD2 is the best Laser I have tried so far, not too thin/fragile with good food release, and very easy to sharpen liked white steel and better edge holding than white.

Sure sure throw your money in the basket to wash away your sin. Here, I have one ready for you - and if you throw enough I’ll send you a knife.

Withdrawing this for now.

I just took measurements behind the edge of my recent works tonight. It allowed me to mess around some with the Matsubara which I hadn't used much since one month after thinning - a couple months ago now. No way I'm seeing this go for the actual price - not now.

Then my 1st sharpening of the Takada just made it awesome - there's little short knives out there that would cut so well, and be a perfect blend of thicker convexity and laser.

Then the Kono is the lazy me that's not so thrilled anymore with maintaining the iron clad W#2 above, and the Kono at least gives me part of its satisfaction while requiring little care.

So all three back into the rotation. Well, the Takada already is for the last week - mine edge is better than original might I say, and it puts the knife to a whole other level still. Another prep tonight alongside the Matsubara and I can't let it go just now.

Next BST will see either the Kono or Takada back for sale, and for good this time around with an even more ridiculous price. Not sure the Mats ever will.

Sorry, be well all!

Back