• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD /WTT Toyama Damascus 240

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi KKF,

I've got a nearly new Toyama Damascus 240 I'd like to sell or trade. I purchased it after semi giving up on my hunt for an iron clad wat 240. Then I found the wat not long after and these two are too close together to keep both. I purchased this through Zenmarket so it didn't come from JNS. I won't be able to recreate the cigarette smell in the handle, but I could blow some cigar smoke on it this weekend if that helps anyone out! Looking for something slightly shorter, 220-230ish range would be ideal. Trade value I'd put around $600.

In total this knife has cut one onion and one sweet potato. In my test cuts the knife held up to its reputation as a great cutter. It has a nice convexity for right handers and may not be the best for lefties.

Specs:
Length: 243mm
Height: 54mm
Weight: 228g

Attachments

• toyama right side.jpg
    toyama right side.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 157
  • toyama left side.jpg
    toyama left side.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 164
  • Toyama choil.jpg
    Toyama choil.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 157
  • toyama spine.jpg
    toyama spine.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 142
  • toyama box.jpg
    toyama box.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Are there other specs outside of length you're targeting? Makers, steel type, etc?

Are there other specs outside of length you're targeting? Makers, steel type, etc?

Good question, ideally a 225mm Kip laser-ish knife (@timebard 🤣)!

For steel I like carbon, stainless clad is ok, full stainless I'm finding is not my cup of tea.

Grind I would lean towards WH or S grind, but I'm open here.

Yo or wa handle is cool with me.

Probably not looking for Wats, TF, Tanaka or Moyjin (unless Kaiju because who says no to that). I've been through enough of those guys to have a good feel and know what I like from each of them.

Back