Xmas present, most beautiful knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welshstar

Reaction score
Hi

Another variation on a common question, if funds were not an issue what would be the most attractive knife you would covert ? it should be a production knife and not a one off special please. The following is something that has that appeal to me

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Japanese-ch...587?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5ae04f9933

As a next question, what would be the best value/most attractive knife youve ever seen ?

Alan

That is one good looking knife. Some thing like that would be my pick as well.

Production = Konosuke ZDP or Honyake gyuto/ Monzaburo Honyaki mirrored gyuto

Best value, period = Carbonext, Hiromoto, Fujiwara, Moritaka
Most attractive = Salty's herringbone DT cimiter. Adam's DT bubble wrap gyuto
Best value + attractive production = Takeda (I like rustic), Z-Kramers, Konosukes with ebony handles, Hattori FH forum,

Zwilling-Kramer with a custom handle from Dave would be awesome

Kitaeji anything Shigefusa. Does that count as production?

The ZK might be tricky to rehandle because of it's brass bolster and pins. Either leave the bolster and try to get matching pins, or scrap it all together and start from scratch. I guess we won't know until someone tries it.

I'm drawing a blank. Seriously. Is that a sign of illness?

For best value attractive knives, I think the JCK Inazuma knives are great value for their rather flash appearance and they are pretty good steel. I love the way the Hattori FH looks also, it has a restrained appeal about it

A set of Shigefusa Kitaeji gyuto and yanagiba with a nice set of matching custom handles and sayas from Marko:D

A set of Shigefusa Kitaeji gyuto and yanagiba with a nice set of matching custom handles and sayas from Marko:D

Seeing your blades in person at Marko's is why I chose Kitaeji Shiges for my answer.

Every time I see that vid of Jon I think "what a crazy tatoo on his chest" then I realize he is wearing a shirt!

Every time I see that vid of Jon I think "what a crazy tatoo on his chest" then I realize he is wearing a shirt!

haha... funny thing is i've always wanted to get tattoos, but every time i think about it i realize i cant go to onsen (the japanese bath houses) anymore and decide not to

Masamoto honyaki. For the time being I just scribble a fake hamon down my KS with a sharpie.
I love those, too but the handles are really not very attractive-at all. They just work.

Most goodlooking 240 Gyuto under 500 USD is Tanaka Gyuto 240mm Iron Wood imo :)

haha... funny thing is i've always wanted to get tattoos, but every time i think about it i realize i cant go to onsen (the japanese bath houses) anymore and decide not to

Interesting. Is that a cultural thing, not having tattoos in a public bath? Why is that? Just curious,

Stefan

No Yakuza in bath houses:
220px-Yakuza_sign_near_Sento.jpg

Back