• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Y. Tanaka 240mm damascus gyuto Blue 1, two handles

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Selling another Y. Tanaka, also from JNS. This is a 240mm damascus gyuto of the Blue 1 core variety with soft iron dammy cladding. Great knife, brand new unused? Nice profile on this one, unsurprisingly crazy thin behind the edge. Has a really classy custom ebony/horn/nickel handle, as well as the original Ho wood handle with it. Cost new is just under $600 plus the handle. Asking $525 $500 for this CONUS, or $575 Int'l. Trades? Sure, same as others, certain Kato, Kono Fuji and Ashi.
Specs and photos below.
219 grams56mm at the heel231mm blade length389mm OAL with custom handle on it
IMG_6055.jpg
IMG_6056.jpg
IMG_6057.jpg
IMG_6058.jpg
IMG_6059.jpg
IMG_6060.jpg
IMG_6061.jpg

Last edited:
I read through this via email notification, but passed it on because of the blue2 core without even looking at the kanji. Just now rereading this thread and boooooy, do I want this BAD.

Guilty as charged! I don't have any damascus, though, and like the profile on this 240 quite a bit. Now would someone buy my Kono (which cuts better than my custom, FWIW, at least as it stands) so that I can sleep tonight???

Back