• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Y. Tanaka Aogami SUPER Kasumi Gyuto w/custom handle

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a gorgeous one today. This is an unused Sakai Kikumori Tanaka Super 210mm Kasumi Gyuto. There is a small snafu, there are a couple scratches near the neck on each side. Long story short...don't let family handle your knives if they do not understand the value. I spent 5 minutes with a fingerstone and all it did was seem to lighten the area around the scratches a bit, don't want to try and fix it myself

Anyway back to the knife/handle. It is signed and dated on the tang which is quite cool. As you can see in the pictures it is unusued besides the small scratches. The specs of the knife can be found here, it's the same as the bernal gyuto...except they are not signed and dated like the one on offer from me: Sakai Kikumori 'Choyo' 270mm Yanagi Aogami #1 w/ Saya

They have it on sale for $650 with a ebony and horn handle. With the scratches and custom handle I would like to ask $585 $535 for the package deal. The handle included is a Jobone curly rosewood with amboyna ferrule (good pics found here: Custom Japanese Knife handle (wa handle) - Curly rosewood and Amboyna Burl). Came from another knife, also has not been used, there is a tiny indent in the ferrule that was there when I got it, I will highlight it below. I want to move this guy quick...so if it doesn't move after a bit, offers are considered.

Let me know if you would like just the knife without a handle, I can work on that too and knock off money on the blade.

Thanks!!

PLEASE NOTE: 1. Handle in the first image below is staying with me. 2. The first couple of pictures are pre scratch. The last 2 pictures highlight the scratches.

t5.jpg

t2.jpg

t1.jpg

handle1.jpg

handlechip.jpg

t4.jpg

t3.jpg

Last edited:
Do you have specs for the blade (length, height, weight) without handle?

Do you have specs for the blade (length, height, weight) without handle?
Weight should be about 145g without the handle. Cutting edge is about 206mm, height is about 48mm (measurement skills arent perfect, if you click the link in the listing, bernal has 210 and has published specs of one of them)

Going to the post office tomorrow so dropping this to $550, probably not going to drop it lower. Tanaka Aogami Super is not something easy to find everyday, and the handle is sweet.

UPDATED PICS: Rosewood and Amboyna handle installed....looks fantastic. Someone grab this for a great price with a fantastic handle, scratches really are pretty minimal in my opinion. This is about $120 off from new and you get an upgraded handle with the Tanaka signature on the tang. Has not cut a single thing.

handle5.jpg

handle4.jpg

handle6.jpg

Back