• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Yanagi/Utility Western Honyaki 175mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

friz

Reaction score
Hi.

I picked up this knife on an auction with the intent of restoring it, but never done anything to it.
Has been sitting in its box since day 1, not used by me, not sharpened by me.
Work/Sharpening has been done on the Ura part as you can see from the picture; I am no expert in Single Bevels so I am not sure how the condition is, please judge yourself.
Description of the knife that has been given is in Japanese and if you guys are interested I could post it.
What I got out of it is that is made by Yoshikazu Ikeda, there is no kanji on the blade, handle is quince and looks pretty.
Hamon is present both sides, less visible on the Ura but it is there.
It is a full tang Western handle, being honest I don't recall many honyaki Western handle in the Japanese knife market, I think just for that is worthy all the money, haven't seen something quite like it.
Measurements:
Edge length is around 175mm
Handle length little over 100mm
Thickness 4mm

Price is 600AUD shipped in Australia.
Overseas 370USD buyer pays shipping minus 10USD.

Let me know if you have any concern,
Nicola

rZuE2el.jpg

o3BzXsy.jpg

5TskdjJ.jpg

pnLZoOV.jpg

VI1Ysup.jpg

Bump and price drop 350USD.

Thank you.

bump. it is a western handle honyaki folks!

Friz,
Can you take a choil shot please? And the weight is?
Hi mate. Thanks for the interest.
Weight is 169 grams.
And here is the choil shot.
Anything I can help you with, send me a pm anytime.
ou6ev3M.jpg

I am going to add a Kato petty to the sale for 1150USD (total including the yanagi).

@5698k Let me know if you are still interested.

Can you post a pic of the Kato Petty, handle and blade in one shot. Whats the edge length and height. Is this a JNS WH model? Is that a nibble on the heel? Helluva sweetener.

Last edited:
Can you post a pic of the Kato Petty, handle and blade in one shot. Whats the edge length and height. Is this a JNS WH model? Is that a nibble on the heel? Helluva sweetener.
150mm petty standard, from JNS, burnt chestnut handle, yes is a nibble. I prefer not to sell the hanlde anyway, that's why I haven't pictured it.

So just the blade and no handle, correct? Don't blame you. I have two JNS burnt chestnut D-shape handles and they are perfection.

Jebus. And I just sold a 180 kato for 350. Probs coulda gotten more I guess. Looks like a fun combo tho!

Jebus. And I just sold a 180 kato for 350. Probs coulda gotten more I guess. Looks like a fun combo tho!
Oh no man!! You could have sold it to me. I would have flipped it a week after for more than double. Next time hit me up.

I created a new thread. Mods please close, thank you.

Back