• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Yasha Yukawa, Shinichi Watanabe, Murray Carter

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casaluz

Reaction score
Offering for sale 3 knives:

Yasha Yukawa custom 38 mm tall, 214 grams, 205 mm Petty/Suji (KinuYoroi series) differentially hardened with clay, quenched in water. For this particular blade (it is unique, as steel for only 2-3 blades was made) the shell steel is made of tamahagane mixed with a unique tamahagane made from a fine swedish steel ore. It is forge-folded between 8 to 16 times (some parts of the foundation with 4 folds some with 12 folds, more than 4000 layers) then it was finished with a second stage folding, 5 times. Grind continually convex all the way down to the edge. Custom handle by PCPKen. Price US $850 including shipping in CONUS. Additional cost if shipped outside of CONUS.

Shinichi Watanabe Kurouchi Sakimaru Bread knife (all serration, one of a kind) 250mm, width 27mm, thickness 2.6mm, double bevel, white steel #2 (sanmai) with upgraded octagonal shaped Keyaki handle and horn hilt. Price US $550 including shipping in CONUS. Additional cost if shipped outside of CONUS.

Murray Carter 6.14/186mm (149 grams total) sun High Grade Series Funayuki, White 1 steel core between polished SUS410 stainless steel, with a Paduk / Hardwood handle, including a saya and pin handmade for it by Ian Haburn. Price is $575 including shipping in CONUS. Additional cost if shipped outside of CONUS.

PXL_20210216_211628142.jpg
PXL_20210216_212115917.jpg
PXL_20210216_212137282.jpg
PXL_20210216_212236655.jpg
PXL_20210216_211231075.jpg
PXL_20210216_212415324.jpg
PXL_20210216_211231075.jpg
PXL_20210216_212415324.jpg
PXL_20210216_212445296.jpg
PXL_20201122_195957315.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20201122_195815983.jpg
PXL_20201122_195653680.jpg

Last edited:
The Yukawa Suji/petty is withdrawn and no longer available for sale

The Carter and Watanabe are still available

Last edited:
Thread update:
I am offering for sale again the Yasha Yukawa custom 38 mm tall, 214 grams, 205 mm Petty/Suji (Kinu Yoroi series). I originally I thought that I could cover my financial need and be able to keep it, however, I am embarrassed to say that is not the case, and therefore reluctantly I am resigned to let it go. I few thoughts about why I am so attached to this blade. I begun communication with Yasha Yukawa in late 2015 and at that time I asked him about the possibility of making a blade that would combine a petty and sujihiki, with an asymmetric edge and made in the same Tamahagane he uses in his sword making. The result is this blade. It was crafted by Yasha San after the order was placed in his website early in 2016. The blade took almost two years to be made and I believe it was the first knife he made after being awarded his Master Swordsmith Certificate. It came without a handle and I sent it to pcpken to place a high end handle which is the one you see in the pictures. Although the blade is meant to be used in a kitchen, it is a knife like no other I own or have ever touched. When I received it you could see clearly the hamon. It is hard to explain how it feels to handle it; the edge is the end of a beautifully felt convex drop on both sides of the blade, the handle is fantastically made and its weight ads to the balance. It somehow feels significant without feeling overly heavy and it does everything you ask of it without fuss or effort. I do not have the chops to restore its polish to the swordlike level Yaza did, however, I hope that whoever chooses to bring it home can.

With a bump to this thread, these are the prices for the three blades here:

Yaza Yukawa US $850 including shipping
Carter US $475 including shipping
Watanabe US $425

Bump.
Did I mention that the price of the Carter includes a saya and pin custom made by Ian Haburn for this knife?
Did I mentioned that the Watanabe bread knife is designed so it is double bevel and it can be sharpened using stones so as not to need special tools or machine for the serration?

I'm selling mine . . . because I don't use it enough . . . and I feel I'd have to be Nutmeg to do justice to polishing it. My favorite parts are the filing marks on the choil and spine. I've held an Ashi Honyaki, Hattori KD, and keijiro doi honyaki . . . I think the Yasha is more special. I've also seen OG sakai honyaki (two generations before the current market) . . . those are about the same realm. Didn't get to hold them, of course. . . but got to be a couple feel next to them, without glass to separate, as someone else showed them.

I hope someone buys your Yasha and buys mine too. . . . its probably the most unique one of a kind knife I've ever held.

Both knives are stunning. Unfortunately neither are good for me due to my left handedness. I talked to him years ago before he got his master swordsman cert. I regret not getting a knife from him at the time.

Carter is now SOLD PENDING FUNDS
Price drop on the Yaza Yukawa suji/petty, it is now US $725 including shipping
Price drop on the Watanabe sakimaru bread knife, it is now US $325

Back