Yeeehaaw! I'm not nuts!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaamax

Reaction score
I still can't digest how cool this site is.
I've worked in kitchens my whole life on and off (depending on my money-needs) and have always considered the accouterments of the cook as bloody cool and alluring as the parts and use of my old Harley. Hell, lets throw in the Expobar Lever (vintage La marzzoco isn't up and running yet) and Mazzer mini too. The rescued industrial pannini press out in the trash of my current gig getting two days of attention and now after swapping out leads and buffing out grease and rust graces the spot next to my espresso station at home and makes me smile everytime I look at it. My friends and especially the Baby Momma don't get it at all.
After going to the site for years I finally joined up. And it all hit home when I see all the "welcome" replies in the forum from so many of you that I have been following all this time. You guys have some xlnt insight and tips. I'm just glad that there are others that dig it, REALLY.
Cheers to all you comrades!

Almost so nuts we're normal.

I think your habits sound perfectly normal. Greetings!

Bad news is you are wrong........ You are nuts.

Good news is you have found the nuthouse welcome home.

Bad news is you are wrong........ You are nuts.

Good news is you have found the nuthouse welcome home.

LOL!
Where else can I show off a piece of scrap wood from my yard and a sheep bone from last weeks dinner fashioned into a Wa handle for an old knife??? Yes, Baby Momma is damn glad I don't have to bore her with it anymore.

DSC02293.jpg

Bout time you made it official!

Based on your like of salvaged and refurbished things, I'm going to guess that youre famiiar with Luke Snyder / Bloodroot Blades?

Welcome!

I'm innocent I'm telling ya. It wasn't me. LOL

I wear an aluminum foil hat to help with my voices. ;)

Pretty darn cool handle

Thanks.
The rehandle bug is dangerous. I have to buy "crap" knives at the thriftstore to frankenstein. My knives that I take to work are off limits mainly because they just feel right as is. Pictures are always good right? Watanabe 270 for the last 8 years has been my daily work horse with stock Sinchi wa. I'm still amazed by how this knife has held up to abuse! He will be the Shig for the next generation of knife nuts. The 1102 is my new replacement for the old one that had been sharpened and ground so many times that it was starting to look like a nakiri… I'm exaggerating, but not by much. It went to a coworker that was a Global user that didn't believe that the carbons are where it's at. I WANT to put a wa handle on it, but damn, it is right as is. Have to find a cheap, abandoned cleaver to do it to.

DSC02304.jpg

Watanabe 270 for the last 8 years has been my daily work horse with stock Sinchi wa. I'm still amazed by how this knife has held up to abuse! He will be the Shig for the next generation of knife nuts. .

Watanabe is old school, one of the first Japanese makers "discovered" iirc.

Back