Yes I NEED two bunka

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cksnffr

Reaction score
"Wait--what's the difference between those two in the middle?"

"Uhhh one is very shiny."
FE2EDD50-D44D-492A-9E1A-26615ABDEC8B.jpeg

"Wait--what's the difference between those two in the middle?"

"Uhhh one is very shiny."

That's a pretty cool collection. I see three or four bunka's there (#3, #6, #7, and #10 seems borderline), so two can't be that big a deal, right? What do you use them for most often?

Which mukimono (or hishi-usuba?) is #4, and how do you most often use it?

Last edited:
Cool knives, but the microsplatter from the cooktop would drive me nuts.
Agreed totally. I'd keep knives closer to where dishes or spices are if I were to build a rack setup.

That's a pretty cool collection. I see three or four bunka's there (#3, #6, #7, and #10 seems borderline), so two can't be that big a deal, right? What do you use them for most often?

Which mukimono (or hishi-usuba?) is #4, and how do you most often use it?

It's a Jikko. I use it to take apart broccoli heads almost daily.

Cool knives, but the microsplatter from the cooktop would drive me nuts.

It's hard to see, but the stove is almost a foot away from the wall. I actually had to build a shelf below the knives to catch them just in case.

That looks like the nihei bunka... if it is... how do you like it? What is is good at and, if anything, not so good at within it’s realm? Thanks, great looking collection

It is. I've had it for all of one day, so I've used it only on some onions and garlic. It's very thin behind the edge, and it feels great in my hand (big chonky handle), but if I'm honest it probably doesn't do anything I can't do with the thinned Kohetsu blue bunka hanging next to it. Well, except look awesome. It does that better than all my other knives. Seriously it's stunning.

Latest posts

Back