• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Yoake Kasumi Gyuto (Price drops)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys I got a nice knife for a great value. This is a full kasumi'd out Blue 1 K tip 220x52.3mm hatsukokoro Yoake. Used once, just cleaned off most of the patina with some stone powder. Touched up the edge for 5 mins on a 3k chosera as the out of the box edge wasn't great. Choil shot is deceiving since it has a 7mm spine. Middle to the tip of the knife feel very thin. Spine and choil are not polished, but still comfy in a pinch grip to me. Machi gap. Nice large ebony and horn handle. Weight is a nice hefty 240g.

Normal price on these is $340. Homebutcher has a sale right now that has em at $295. Take mine for $225.

yaoke4.jpg

yaoke5.jpg

yaoke7.jpg

yaoke6.jpg

Last edited:
Love me some yoakes. The value for what you get in a knife is quite incredible.

It looks like there's two different animals between ktip and non- Work horse-ish vs super thin BTE grind.

Love me some yoakes. The value for what you get in a knife is quite incredible.

It looks like there's two different animals between ktip and non- Work horse-ish vs super thin BTE grind.
Yeah they are great knives, but I have so many amazing knives so I should set some free. The Ktip although looks a little chonk from the choil shot definitely thins out near the edge, and has a very thin tip...but yeah the non k tip is very thinly ground, can see from the amount of cladding ground away

340+750 = 1090. It's never going to get any attention when you're lowballing that much.

Was but a joke... as in... you're not getting any traction because it's not overpriced enough. ;) It looks like a hell of a lot of knife for very little money.
But maybe you missed the whole Bloodroot-flipperooza...

Back