• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Yoshihiro 300mm yanagiba, kochi 195mm deba, 210mm yoshihiro usuba, 210mm carbonext honesuki, slicer

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowtyper

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, thanks for looking at this post. I am getting out of the cooking game, will need some cash during transitioning, so clearing out my work knives! These aren't showroom condition, they were work knives but not my main knives so not used everyday, but they have served me well and I hope they can live on and have a useful life! All prices USD My workhorse knives are my petty, cleaver, and gyuto which I will not sell just yet...sentimental value and all!

300mm yoshihiro hongasumi yanagiba purchased from ebay in 2011
-This knife didn't see a ton of use, overall good condition but I'm sure you may want to put your own edge and polish to start from new?
-saya included
Selling for $160 +shipping in US/CAN

210mm yoshihiro hongasumi usuba purchased from ebay in 2011
-this knife is so sharp I love it, however it didn't get much use, but recently my wife used it for something and there are a bunch of chips that need fixing near the tip. There is also a crack in the handle that I just noticed that doesn't affect the integrity and looks like a scratch. Needs some love to bring it back to life but I hope you do, I love this knife!
-saya included

Selling for $100 + shipping in US/CAN

tcwfEEy.jpg

5dRSnZw.jpg

2oo5lCy.jpg

0S7MVIn.jpg

3o9Nc9f.jpg

195mm Kochi Deba purchased from this forum in 2014
-Not much to say, love this knife and still in great condition.
-No Saya, unless you want my duct taped cereal box saya :)

Selling for $230 + shipping
cFQs5QJ.jpg

1WgU9tc.jpg

gRHnCpt.jpg

210mm carbonext honesuki with konosuke saya, purchased in 2012
-saya included, but its for a konosuke saya but fits nicely.

Selling for $70USD + shipping
oH1NVEW.jpg

WRhbgZh.jpg

10" slicer, it was labelled as 10" sabatier, but I don't know how to verify that. I don't see any markings on it anymore. Profile is kind of wonky because of the thick bolster, but for use as a slicer it worked great for me. Very thin and flexible knife and FWIW...when you hone on my ceramic steel, it gives the sweetest twang I've ever heard from any knife, its like the fake knife sound you hear in movies when someone just looks at a knife. This super thin slicer has served me very well.

Selling for $40USD + shipping
HekoaCe.jpg

From the markings on the mat, it is a bit under 150mm. Probably just an oversight.

Hi Skewed,

Thanks so much for clarifying, it was a mistake. It is 150mm indeed! That would be a big honesuki!

For the yoshihiro I had a PM asking about steel, they are both blue.

Please feel free to send any offers if you want to get multiple or if you want to pick up in toronto.

Yanagi is SOLD
Usuba is sold pending payment

Deba, Honesuki, Sabatier slicer all for sale still!

Hi guys, please send an offer, very flexible with prices now!

It's sad, but sales like these make me consider learning how to use a knife right handed just to get into single bevels more affordably...

I'm lefty but use a right handed honesuki. I use a left handed yanagiba but to be honest could probably make a right handed one work as well. It's like scissors, I am so used to right handed scissors that when I finally used lefty scissors it felt weird.

Latest posts

Back