yoshihiro ginsan-ko series

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have any in the high carbon series but I have about dozen of yoshihiro knives in vg10, white steel, aogami super, and high speed steel. Fit and finish is good and have decent heft to the knives. On the Japanese handles, they are on the thinner side but western handles seems to be standard size.

it sounds so good on paper (61,mono, ginsan)

the spine and choil were very rough and was painful to use out of box, once it got rounded out i can report that it's an excellent knife for what it is: a generic western stainless workhorse but with solid profile and steel. the grind is about same as a mac pro, but slightly thinner behind the edge. edge retention is pretty good also. i call this an expensive beater, but a hella good one as in top of the crop of beaters.

I know my yoshihiro ginsan yo handle is sukenari derived.
And I see a lot of yoshihiro knives having the sukenari look. (Honyaki/zdp/ etc.)
Those western handles, choil and blade shape are different. Somebody will have Insite.

anyone see or compare this one by Jikko?

pm2chef_grande.jpg

Not too expensive for a pro kitchen, but not cheap either, around $200 or so JDM pricing.

Latest posts

Back