Yoshihiro knives at echefknife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cksnffr

Reaction score
Are they worth using? The large selection and large price range makes me think Sakai Takayuki.

I've never used their knives, but I've bought at least 6 of their lacquered saya. They're quality and run slightly larger than advertised.

They sell knives from multiple makers under their own brand. Some are more rustic while some have high-end fit and finish (like their rebranded ZDP Sukenari offerings). I have a somewhat rustic 240 k-tip gyuto in blue #2 and it's one of my favorites -- great profile, good grind, a nice cutter. Fun to use and a good value for the money, though the choil and spine could have used some smoothing out.

Oh Wowzers. I didn’t know those exist.

I don't need a 180mm Blue 1 gyuto with fitted saya that I can bring to my mom's when I visit her I don't need a 180mm Blue 1 gyuto with fitted saya that I can bring to my mom's when I visit her I don't need a 180mm Blue 1 gyuto with fitted saya that I can bring to my mom's when I visit her I don't need a 180mm Blue 1 gyuto with fitted saya that I can bring to my mom's when I visit her

This is the first time I've seen a Blue 1 gyuto from a Sanjo smith, I think

I don't need a 180mm Blue 1 gyuto with fitted saya that I can bring to my mom's when I visit her I don't need a 180mm Blue 1 gyuto with fitted saya that I can bring to my mom's when I visit her I don't need a 180mm Blue 1 gyuto with fitted saya that I can bring to my mom's when I visit her I don't need a 180mm Blue 1 gyuto with fitted saya that I can bring to my mom's when I visit her

This is the first time I've seen a Blue 1 gyuto from a Sanjo smith, I think
You might not need it but we all need you to have a 180mm gyuto with saya to take to your moms so we can get a review. Do it for us ciderbear.

I have one of their gyuto's in blue super and it's pretty good value. I've been keeping it as a project knife, slowly removing the vertical grind marks, thinning a little, and creating a kasumi finish. Will probably sell it one day when I'm done.

The mazaki I bought from them some months ago was decent. The sayas are pretty nice too. Customer service seems good. I might pick up one those masahi blue 1 240s just because I’m loving the masahi sld 240 I got from aframes. Either that or the sld 270 I want.

I have had one experience with a Yoshihiro. The knife and my customer service experiences were awful, to the point I will never consider another. Long story short I got a yanagiba that was not a single bevel knife. A secondary bevel was cut in so the knife could be finished more easily and quickly. I was less knowledgeable then, so by the time I realized the extent of the work needed to correct this, my Amazon return window had elapsed. This was an expensive lesson on makers and retailers.

I have had one experience with a Yoshihiro. The knife and my customer service experiences were awful, to the point I will never consider another. Long story short I got a yanagiba that was not a single bevel knife. A secondary bevel was cut in so the knife could be finished more easily and quickly. I was less knowledgeable then, so by the time I realized the extent of the work needed to correct this, my Amazon return window had elapsed. This was an expensive lesson on makers and retailers.

You wanna clarify or provide pictures? Because what you described sounds kind of like how a lot of single bevel knives are finished.

Ura side was normal, but the main bevel surface did not extend from the shinogi line to the cutting edge. Instead, a bevel that was approximately 2mm at its widest point was added at a steeper angle. No pics, I've been slowly rehabbing it in between other projects.

I’m sorry to hear that man. I forgot yoshihiro sells through amazon as well. I try to avoid amazon when possible. I’ve always gotten responses to my emails pretty quickly from jensen with measurements. I’ve never had to return anything with them. Their prices can be a little high with certain things but other than that i’ve never had a problem. I’ve been trying to talk myself out of that masahi blue 1 all day haha.

He’s a nice enough guy, oddly he’s never at the store as his office is across the street- so ya gotta call a number and have him come down. I try to stay out of Beverly Hills at almost any cost (except a drive by high five to my boys at JKI of course) but I’ve stopped over there before. There’s not a lot of connectivity or passion towards the personal connection for the end user (spoiled by JKI obvs), but this is just imo. Seems he’s happy to be on Amazon. Perhaps that answers a few questions to f&f, service, etc that anyone here may have....

He’s a nice enough guy, oddly he’s never at the store as his office is across the street- so ya gotta call a number and have him come down. I try to stay out of Beverly Hills at almost any cost (except a drive by high five to my boys at JKI of course) but I’ve stopped over there before. There’s not a lot of connectivity or passion towards the personal connection for the end user (spoiled by JKI obvs), but this is just imo. Seems he’s happy to be on Amazon. Perhaps that answers a few questions to f&f, service, etc that anyone here may have....
That sounds to be pretty spot on. I can’t even express how grateful I am for jki man and a few others. Not a lot of people like that in the world these days.

I have dealt with Yoshihiro and Jensen several times and he’s been very helpful in answering questions and shipping my orders . I’ve never had any problems with Yoshihiro. Cheers!
0C9A1C93-21AF-4624-9577-C92DB64C69F6.jpeg

Back