• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Yoshikane honesuki

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captaincaed

(____((__________()~~~
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm dissatisfied with the chicken knife I've been using for the last few years (Moritaka) - the steel is fine but the double bevel isn't working for me anymore. I really like the Yoshikane version profile, love the maker and the steel, so I'm casting a net to see if anyone's got one they'd part with.

They seem to sell for $200-220 used here. I'm happy to pay a bit over that to make it worth your while as long as the grind and profile aren't totally gorked. Thanks for looking!

Here's an example I blatantly stole from an old ad.
1600659092468.png

That's a great tip, thank you (no pun intended). I've looked at this, and absolutely love Kochi. I'm hesitant due to the symmetry like you mentioned, and the very thin grind. No as good for going through joints, but maybe I can do the deba heel bevel trick to make it thicker there.

Oh man that's a great little set. Heiji, Yoshi, Shig?
Come on, how many chickens can you break down at once. Let the Yoshi go, you'll feel better...
I'm not quite ready to let the Yoshi go but you have dibs when I do. It's the profile but I do prefer the steel on the other two, so nice to sharpen...the burnt chestnut helps as well.

Reactions: ian
Burnt chestnut for greasy chicken is #1. The Masashi handles are the grippiest I've ever seen, I wish he made a chicken knife!
Hey how is the Heiji, is it chippy at all? I know the single bevels may not be super for boning tasks, but that one seems a bit robust.

Kinda offshoot, but maybe ask Michael at KnifeJapan? He's a white guy in Japan and has great customer service with contacting makers and shops, maybe he can find something, though he tends not to deal with Sanjo knives, he does. This is based on my dealings with him.

Back