• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Yoshikazu Tanaka 240 Blue 1 Damascus Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For your consideration is a Y. Tanaka 240 blue 1 damascus gyuto. The handle material is tiger maple, silver spacer, and blonde horn. I bought this new from a Chinese vendor in Jan 2020. See link for the item page https://m.tb.cn/h.VDZPSrb?sm=0e9f57. The blue 1 version is now being sold for 3,750 yuan which is roughly $548 (white 1 version is 2,750 yuan FYI). The handle I chose was cheaper so I paid ~$500 after fee and shipping at the time.

The kanji on the right side is "墨雲" which means ink cloud. It is the house brand of the vendor for this line. The kanji on the other side is "青纸壹号“ which means blue 1.

It was used for a few times and sharpened once after I removed patina. I'm asking for $450 all inclusive CONUS.

Measurements:
  • 50.5mm *230mm (heel to tip)
  • 215 gram
  • Spine thickness is 3.35 mm above the heel, 2.15 mm in the middle, and 1.0 mm at 1 cm from the tip
Video:

Pictures:
Photo Sep 04, 13 03 10.jpg

Photo Sep 04, 13 19 19.jpg

Photo Sep 04, 13 06 22.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful. That handle really complements the blade. GLWS!

Damn man, looks even better than the JNS version, and a steal too!!!

Does anyone know anything about the Chinese retailer in the link?

Back