• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Yoshikazu Tanaka 240mm Aogami Super Gyuto - Autographed

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HalfBloodHobbit

Reaction score
This one hurts to sell, but I have two customs that were just finished that I owe on and this is the one blade I have that's new in Box. Very rare full Kasumi, Wide Bevel, Aogami Super 240mm gyuto with a signed Tang by Yoshikazu Tanaka, courtesy of Sakai Kikumori

$975 Shipped CONUS

Final Price Drop - $725 shipped

Attachments

• PXL_20220315_015138209.jpg
    PXL_20220315_015138209.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 537
  • PXL_20220315_015057233.jpg
    PXL_20220315_015057233.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 554
  • PXL_20220315_014918360.jpg
    PXL_20220315_014918360.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 516
Last edited:
Man I wish I had the scratch for this! GLWS

I had 2 of these in the 225, can confirm they are incredibly well done blades. Kinda sad I sold them both looking at this one.

Nice knife. Can you provide pictures of the left side . Is that iron or Stainless cladding?

I want this pretty bad, but for collecting purposes. Y. Tanaka is one maker that keeps escaping my grasp. Had a shot at one in blue 2 but went another direction.. anything AS gives me that crack-fiend itch tho.

Apologies for clogging thread, I don’t think it’ll last long so glws!!

I have several Tanaka's great knives. What you don't see often is the Kasumi finish all the way down to the reveal or clad line.

Yeah those are the two main rarity points, also a full Kasumi Wide Bevel isn't as common and the grind is completely different to any of the Hitohira, Gesshin Kagekiyo or Konosuke Fujiyama Tanaka's, it's closer to a workhorse but still think behind the edge.
Agreed. These actually feel like an OG Kono Fujiyama clone- very thin at the edge but more beefy at the top than a fuji. Great balance too.

Maybe it's just me and my increasingly poor vision, or maybe it's the pictures, but I'm not seeing the shinogi line that I'm used to seeing on classic wide bevel knives. Very attractive blade all the same.

Maybe it's just me and my increasingly poor vision, or maybe it's the pictures, but I'm not seeing the shinogi line that I'm used to seeing on classic wide bevel knives. Very attractive blade all the same.

It's much more visible in person but you can see the Shinogi line in this one it's quite pronounced actually

Attachments

• PXL_20220315_173317285.jpg
    PXL_20220315_173317285.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 81

shinogi looks pretty clear to me. it may not have the same contrast that the diagonal migaki finish creates versus the bead blasted bevel on say the tanaka kyuzo. the uniform kasumi finish hides it a but. but to me it is definitely there.
B1901944-943E-48AF-B223-79D0D8D0D4B9.jpeg

Okay Final Price drop for real, hate to lose money on this one but customs are calling.

$699 shipped for anyone that wants to steal her

oh man someone else please purchase this :eek:

I dont need another Y Tanaka knife

Back