your take on natural drugs: weed, shrooms, ayahuasca, cactcii and so on.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well... yes and no... the drug in a cigarette is tobacco... and tobacco isn't the **** that is actually killing us, smokers, in those f***ing cigarettes! It's like the least dangerous substance in there.

I don't care that you don't, just wanted to play with words, my man. In all absolute, I can hardly imagine a post where you would be offensive, anyhow.

Psychedelics means lifting of the veil (Psyche = mind Delic= lift in Latin).Where it has the potential to remove the suspend the conditioning we’ve undergone in our culture while we’re in that dream like state. In certain doses, it is very effective at mimicking serotonin and adrenaline, epinephrine and neuro epinephrine, adrenaline and other chemicals that can permeate the blood brain barrier after it’s been digested by the liver. What follows after that is literally an abduction by the plant matter or the spirit that one is consuming, because it literally elbows our natural serotonin out of the way and attaches to our serotonergic receptor sites. Most of it Is a mysterious process beyond the understanding of science, but done in the right set and setting with the right person and intention. It’s can be certainly disruptive of our trance or our regular day to day lives, where it simultaneously exposes our faults and allows the suspension of deep intergenerational pain so that we may gain space from the emotional wounds that we’ve been trying to push down and not analyze. Or in certain doses and certain environments it can either be fun or hellish. Look them as amplifiers :)

Huh?

Psychedelic means « manifestation of the soul ». The interesting thing being that « mind » is a further addition originating from scientific thinking, where « soul » is much too « loaded » (with religious meanings) a word to befit scientific apparatus.

Lifting of the veil is somehow of a play with words, probably by those who advocate that drugs make for spiritual experiences. They don’t. Settings might though - if you’re soft enough that some candles and music and the likes can bewitch you into thinking you’ve had the revelation of your life.

With « manifestation of the soul », though, one can understand that, while the manifestation is as honest a representation of one’s soul as can be, it’s still far to be imparted with any kind of truth or revelation.

My experience with LSD, amplifier Is a good description. First trip I was at ceiling level looking down at myself sitting on the floor. Total out of body experience. 1968 pure acid. Did it other times late 60's early 70's. Always really enjoyed it. Hiking Koolau mountain range with few of my Take Kwon Do buddies. Tripping on LSD.

Smoked fair share of pakalolo surfing in 1970's. Liked that drug too.

Think drugs are more for young people don't do any drugs now except coffee & one beer poured in a glass. A twelve pack lasts two weeks easy as don't have a beer everyday.

Crystal Meth is a problem in Hawaii. It is cheap. Mixed with all kinds of crap, terrible for mind & body. Maybe my older age speaking think people don't care at all about their health, have low self esteem or just plain stupid some of things put into their bodies.

Liked to watch videos of wing suit proximity flying. Nuts at speed between rocks. If you crack up your dead. What a rush.

Raja Yoga is effort leaning skill to aid in spiritual pursuits

Yoga of wisdom takes no effort just surrender to what is.

Alcohol is and always will be the most dangerous sh!t AND commercially available; it has killed, and will continue to kill, way more people that all other drugs combined.

Not quite... true that alcohol kills way, way more folk than all illegal drugs combined. Tobacco kills at least twice as many as alcohol according to WHO.

Legalize it for sure. Banning plants is stupid. Punishing people for using drugs is stupid. Allowing organized crime to prosper due to illegal drugs is stupid.
Educate the youth about drugs, education and educated choices are not stupid.

Have you seen Mike Tyson talk about toad venom? Says it changed his life.

I think they should use Singapore laws for makers of crystal meth. Why bother with tax payer prisons.

How to Change Your Mind by Michael Pollan is a good read for anyone interested in getting to know a little bit more about some of the scientific research and history that has and is going into these substances.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/04/books/review/michael-pollan-how-to-change-your-mind.html
I'm very, very anti the 'War on Drugs.' I think it's been one of the most destructive movements in our history and it's a real shame. There are a lot of people out there who have been incarcerated for longer sentences on first offense, non-violent drug convictions than people who have done violent crimes like assault, manslaughter etc. Which is strange and sad.

"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people," Ehrlichman told journalist Dan Baum in 1994. "You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or blacks, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities."

Full legalization is a complex issue and I don't support it completely across the board for all substances. For marijuana, yes, definitely legalization on a federal level for everyone over the age of 21. I think there are a lot of therapeutic benefits found in trained staff working with MDMA, LSD, and psilocybin and our whole system of "Schedule 1" drugs needs a complete overhaul. MAPS is doing a lot of great work with MDMA and PTSD and hopefully it will be rescheduled in the near future.

Big Pharma is the real enemy in my eyes and they have made billions off getting people addicted to opiates, amphetamines and benzos - which are all very destructive substances that have ruined many lives and communities.

Agree war on drugs has been a failure

England pushing opium on China was the worst. Chinese even fought a war to keep it out they lost. When Mao came to power in 1949 they shot the opium addicts no use to society.

England pushing opium on China was the worst.

They had no choice. They had to pay for the tea that China got them addicted to...

I am of course kidding. I worked in Hong Kong for Jardine Matheson in the 1980's.
Jardine was one of the opium trading companies that were born out of the East India Company.
Very interesting colonial culture, even in the 1980s.
If anyone wants a good SIP read, the James Clavell novel "Taipan" was based on Jardine.

Thanks have read a couple novels by Clavell. Shogun also saw mini series. Another

Nobel House sounds similar to Tai pan Nobel House based in Hong Kong with Jardine. Maybe you have already read it.

James Clavell was a good Australian storyteller.

Just ordered used paperback of Tai Pan off Amazon 2.98 + 299 shipping.

Nobel House sounds similar to Tai pan Nobel House based in Hong Kong with Jardine. Maybe you have already read it.

Nobel House is the sequel to Tai Pan. Takes place in the 1960s - 1980s when I was growing up in HK.
Struan's is Jardine's.
He also wrote King Rat which was about British POW in Malaysia...also good.

Full legalization is a complex issue and I don't support it completely across the board for all substances. For marijuana, yes, definitely legalization on a federal level for everyone over the age of 21. I think there are a lot of therapeutic benefits found in trained staff working with MDMA, LSD, and psilocybin and our whole system of "Schedule 1" drugs needs a complete overhaul. MAPS is doing a lot of great work with MDMA and PTSD and hopefully it will be rescheduled in the near future.

Big Pharma is the real enemy in my eyes and they have made billions off getting people addicted to opiates, amphetamines and benzos - which are all very destructive substances that have ruined many lives and communities.

i completely agree. i think the true psychedelics and some of the "pychedelic amphetamines" such as mdma and similar
has very high potential for medical use. i have read about people deemed uncurable, unfixable, and then they give them acid/some other stuff 1 single time, and all the problems went away. cured. its like magic.

Because usually in "todays medicine", they dont actually cure any diseases, they just dampen the symptoms.
There are very few diseases they can cure today that would not simply have disappeared by themself anyway after a while.

---------------------------------------

i agree about the opiates and amphetamines too. basically speed/meth/smack/blow and their variants ruin a lot of peoples life. they are way to addictive. i grew up in a quite crappy place when i was young and many people did these things, it didn't turn out very well for most of them. i dont think its possible to do these things in moderation.

i found a pretty good explanation of what ayahuasca is. its basically both the physical brew, and the shamanic ritual.
and the ritual is a form of therapy or medicinal session. it can also be used to prevent problems.

really good explanation in this video here. it starts about 13 minutes in. its a bit slow going but well worth a listen.
i think its recorded in the 90ies. before hundreds of thousands of people went down to SA every year to experience it.
hope you like it.

I disagree on big pharma intending to make people addicted, abuse of drugs is not promoted in any way..folks incorrectly using prescibed drugs is what causes many of todays problems. Anyone ever got a prescription for Fentanyl or Sufentanyl, quite unlikely unless you suffer from terminal cancer or severe chronic pain!

I feel that the difference between LSd et al and more natural stuff like shrooms and ayahuasca is affecting the effect. With stuff like mdma etc being chemical and quite pure where I live the effects are clear cut , strong and much more unmodal than with naturals.

I 'did' plenty of the better known ones, and happen to like shrooms and Aya best, that said; it needs time to prepare (diet or the MAO inhibtors are tricky, fasting etc) and a good setting to work optimally. So I end up having a box of vines and leaves stored somewhere for quite a while now, not having the opportunity ( nor a strong urge) to use it. Magical stuff, both shrooms and aya but the latter more so.

yeahyeah, Purdue, in the end pharma companies like all others make money, and marketing groups easily go haywire real quick BUT regulatory oversight is in place (and often fails). In the end of the day the biggest issues are not with prescribed drug users but with illegal non prescibed 'recreational' use. Pharmacists selling drugs under the counter, presciption owners selling drug on to others...

yeahyeah, Purdue, in the end pharma companies like all others make money, and marketing groups easily go haywire real quick BUT regulatory oversight is in place (and often fails). In the end of the day the biggest issues are not with prescribed drug users but with illegal non prescibed 'recreational' use. Pharmacists selling drugs under the counter, presciption owners selling drug on to others...
I wasn't denying the grey and black market stuff.

Just pointing out some Pharma companies have been found guilty of being drug pushers.

Just pointing out some Pharma companies have been found guilty of being drug pushers.
true, and that is what you expect. 'We at company X promote the use of our product'; public companies need to make profits for investors that make doing cheesy things real nice real quick.

Back to topic, natural psychedelics rock!

Back